TI10.0 and McAfee Phishing Filter - Causes "read errors"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aussiegtc, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiegtc

aussiegtc Registered Member

Hi,

I've posted here a few times with the problems I've been having with backups and receiving the following types of errors on seemingly random files (usually when doing incrementals or file/folder backups):

Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Pictures\<folder>'.
    Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2F
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC00: Retry/Ignore/Cancel

CHKDSK showed no errors and for a while this had me stumped. The files and folders with errors changed constantly.

After a somewhat lengthy process of trial and error, I have found that by disabling the Phishing Filter in McAfee Security Center that I am able to get flawless backups again. A recent update to the privacy service (15 Dec 2006) seems to be the culprit.

The versions I run of McAfee are as follows:

Security Center
    Version: 7.1
    Build: 7.1.34
    Language: en-gb
    Last Update: 24/11/2006

PrivacyService <--------------This is the culprit!
    Version: 9.1
    Build: 9.1.130
    Language: en-gb
    Last Update: 15/12/2006

I hope this information proves useful to anyone running both McAfee and Acronis. Disable the Phishing Filter and your problem may just be solved!

Don't ask me why it happens though - I'll leave that to the experts!

Thanks to Acronis e-mail support for helping me work through this and pointing my in the "somewhat correct" direction.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.