TI Workstation - license server question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zezami, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zezami

zezami Registered Member

Hello

I noticed that on the latest build of Acronis TI Workstation I downloaded there's a license server thing that you need to install. I installed it and then installed the latest TI work. build. Went fine, now to the problem:

I made a recovery boot cd from the new build. Rebooted with the CD and after a while the CD asks for the ip/host to the license server. Since the license server is on the same machine, and also a windows application, the boot recovery CD cannot find the license server. I was only able to press cancel and continue to use the recovery CD in demo mode.

As far as i can see, the solution would be to get another computer, install the license server on it. Also get another copy of acronis TI workstation and add the license. And then, you would be able to boot off the recovery CD, enter the ip adress to the second computer and get the license.

I really hope this is not the only way to actually be able to use the recovery CD?

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

I had the same problem and asked Acronis about it and here is the answer:

"You can recover in demo mode, but you can not backup in demo mode"

A recovery is always possible...

Volker

3. zezami

zezami Registered Member

Uhh ok..

I wonder why they have added this, there is no such check in the old builds.

Still:
    To be able to use your recovery boot cd to the fullest, you need to get 2 licenses + a second computer. Or else you can only use the product you actually bought, in DEMO mode! woho!

That's lame

4. zezami

zezami Registered Member

bump

i want an answer Acronis!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.