TI Workstation 9.1 can not mount Ext2fs images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schnecke, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schnecke

schnecke Registered Member

Hi there,

I've tried to mount an EXT2 fs with my TI WS 9.1.
    The files are on an external USB HD with ext2 fs. The disk is mounted with EXT2 IFS for windows which should be no problem for TI. When I try to mount an image file it takes a while and TI says can not mount the image file. The problem is that it can not assign a drive letter for some reason. When I manually assign a drive letter with the IFS drives tool while TI is trying to assign a letter, I can access the archive without a problem. But only until TI throws the error and removes the virtual drive from the system.
    Acronis website says that WS 9.1 supports Linux fs. What is the problem then and is there anything I can do to make it work ?

Thank you for your help!

2. schnecke

Ok, before anybody says the problem is the IFS driver. It is not, because when I copy the archive file to my ntfs drive the problem persists.

Rado

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rado,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, Acronis True Image is able to mount images of partitions with FAT or NTFS file systems only, because it uses special virtual device named Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer for these purposes. Other kinds of software are not able to operate with Acronis True Image archive files, that is why you cannot mount a partition with Ext2 file system even if you can use such partitions with IFS software under Windows.

Most likely this feature will be implemented in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. schnecke

Dear Kirill,

thank you for your answer.
    In fact it is not correct, that mounting a Ext2 fs from the virtual device is impossible.
    That is what I was trying to explain. While TI tries to mount the Ext2.tib to its virtual drive, you CAN manually assign a drive letter with the IFS Drives tool and you also CAN access this fs until TI runs into timeout and deletes the virtual device. So - for me - it would be fine to extend the timeout or even better to keep the virtual device and having TI not trying to assign any drive letters.
    Can you see the point ?

Best regards, Rado

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rado,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm sorry for not being accurate enough in my previous post. Thank you for correcting me.

Could you please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support? Attach the collected information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.