TI v8.0 Build 937 Rescue Media CDs Don't Boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Doc Savage, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Guest

Using Win XP SP2, Dual Opterons, 2GB ram, etc.
    The CDs burn ok & they sort of boot. Not usefully as you'll see.

Full Version: "Starting Acronis Loader"; Then the Acronis graphics screen; "Unable to load initial ram disk, Press <Enter> to proceed..."; "Unable to load Linux kernel. Press <Enter> to reboot..."; then it goes back to "Starting Acronis Loader" & round & round.

Safe Version: "Starting Acronis Loader"; "Unable to execute program. Press <Enter> to Proceed..."; "Boot failed, press any key..."; it then boots from the hard disk. The "Unable to execute program etc." may be absent.

I can boot from & run from Win 98SE (& IBM Dos, Caldera Dos) boot floppies ok. And I can boot from & run from other bootable CDs ok. And I can run Linux kernel v2.6.10 ok. Maybe you need to update to a newer Linux kernel. The main TI program under Win seems to work ok.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Doc Savage,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please try to create a new bootable CD and see whether the problem persists. If the new disk doesn't help please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  3. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Guest

I did as you said but the new CD was worse than the old one. With the old Full Version I was able to do the F11 thing but that didn't produce any additional boot messages. As long as I was doing all that I decided to make the floppy versions of the Rescue Media & try them. They both seemed to work ok. But in my experience floppies self destruct, sometimes in only hours. This indicated to me that your recue software was basicly ok. I read many more posts that contained ".iso" (in hopes of finding out how to get an .iso file), I had read the FAQ, the program help, & many posts before starting this tread. After many tries, many coasters, I may have produced a good Full Version CD. It seems to work but I didn't actually restore my C: drive with it. I often burn CDs on my computer & they almost always come out ok. Except with TI v8.0. I notice that your software doesn't read back the CD to see if it is ok. Maybe I should save my $ & get a good serial number & then you could send me an .iso image. But then how to get a newer .iso when a new build comes out?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Doc Savage,

After you will purchase the full version of Acronis True Image 8.0 you will be able to get the newer *.ISO image at any time. Just send a request for such *.ISO image to support@acronis.com along with the information about your purchase of Acronis True Image 8.0 (where did you purchase the software, order number, serial number, e-mail you used to make a purchase, etc.)

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

After you will make a purchase, please create an account here, log in and use your serial number to register your software in the Products Registration section.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Guest

Gee, a company that gives real customer support. They even work on holidays. No doubt they'll discontinue it next year. You have helped me significantly. Actually it was 1 of the reasons I was attracted to this program just a week ago. The more I use it the more I am impressed. Re. the quantity discounts, I can hardly afford 1 copy at the cheapest legal place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.