TI Universal Restore (build 3887) Success using BartPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jfgast, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfgast

jfgast Registered Member

Hi,

I thought I would let everyone know that I have successfully run TI Universal Restore using BartPE. Thanks for all the help from this forum. My problem was that the Acronis boot disk would not give me the Universal Restore option even though it would show up when I ran it from Windows on the original PC. I am running Windows XP w/SP2. The original PC was an old VIA MB with an Intel Pentium 933 CPU. The new PC is an Intel DG965WH MB with an Intel Pentium D 945 Presler 3.4GHz CPU.

For those who may be having trouble, the process I used was:

- Use the instructions ‘Beginner's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD’ http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/BartPEGuide/BartPEGuide.htm

- Download the latest version of PE Builder Vxxxx - self-installation package from http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/download/.

- Follow the instructions ‘Building the BartPE CD’. You must do this from the PC where you have TI Corporate Workstation 9.1 with UR installed.

- Add the ‘Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 9.1 With or Without Universal Restore Builds 3625 and Up’ Plug-in from http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/index.html. Make sure you Enable and Configure the plug-in

- Burn the CD

- When you run the Restore, make sure you restore ‘C-drive’ only NOT ‘Disk 1’. If you try to restore the entire disk, you will not get the UR option.

2. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I will give it a try.

3. luislavena

luislavena Registered Member

Man, tried that path too, no luck with #3887.

Even "with Universal Restore" show in the title bar, but no option for it when restoring!

4. luislavena

luislavena Registered Member

Updated information:

After testing BartPE and Rescue Media, conclude that the issues with UR are Image realted and not hardware related.

Somehow, restoring images created with previous versions of Acronis seems enable UR option, but ones created with 9.1 Workstation don't.

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

After much testing over the last several months, it appears that this is a problem with Acronis software. Version 3887 just does not bring up the UR option. Older versions do. Acronis has consistently tried to blame this on the hardware rather than fixing their software. They remind me of an ostrich with it's head in the sand. They have refused to acknowledge that they have a problem that has been on going for several months as seen by all of the posts in this forum from people who have the same problem.

I am anxiously waiting for Shadow Protect v3 to come out with Hardware Independent Restore, so I can dump Acronis and their terrible support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.