TI sees the usb hdd using rescue cd but cannot create an image there

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hitman247, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitman247

hitman247 Registered Member

hi there - i have recently been experimenting at work with TI Corporate Workstation 8 build 1158 and used it on a couple of different systems there. one has a usb2 addon card the other has usb2 built into the motherboard. I have tried booting up using the rescue cd TI makes and it works fine for creating an image of a 40gb hdd of which only 1.5gb are used to a secondary internal drive, or to a network resource. But when i use the usb drive, it sees the contents of the drive.

as soon as i actually try to create the image however, it gives an error - "completed with errors" immediately. I have tried using the usb addon card, as well as the usb 1.1 ports on both systems as well as different usb cables. no go - 5seconds into the backup it gives that error. even formatted the usb drive just in case - it is a 40gb seagate fat32 filesystem. the hdd being image is also a 40gb fat32 drive. i cannot understand how it can see the contents of the usb drive but not write to it.

2. hitman247

hitman247 Registered Member

update on it - i even tried formatting the usb drive as ntfs but no difference. i am soooo confused on this one as to what else it could be. unfortunately i dont have a different usb drive to try.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hitman247,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both PCs having the issue.

Please use Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build ( 1158 ) of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 in order to create this sysinfo.txt file.

If you would not be able to create a sysinfo.txt file for some reasons then please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens.

Please also create Acronis Report (for both PCs as well) in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility on any of your machines;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer having the issue from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy;

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the exact model of your external USB hard drive and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.