TI-Recovery ended with "success" but partion is empty and unformatted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jimmyblue, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyblue

Jimmyblue Registered Member

Hello everybody,

I have an splitted tib-image on 2 DVDs (Volume1 & 2)

I started TI-Bootdisk to recover my image back to harddisk.

I started with DVD1, but TI asked me to put in Vol2 into the drive and then began the recovery.
    After about one second TI said that recovery ended successfully. But nothing was copied. The only effect was, that the partition is now shown as unformated.

Then I started the checkup of the tib-image and TI said, that everything was fine with Volume2. But I was not asked to put in Volume1. I even could not force TI to check Volume1.

What may be the problem?
    Probably a hardware-problem with the harddisk? I once had to low-level-format the disk.

Jimmyblue

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

What version are you using?

It is always good practice to do a verify before restoring. As you found out if TI can't read the image properly you end up with unallocated space since one of the first steps TI does when restoring is delete the existing partition that is being restored.

3. Jimmyblue

Jimmyblue Registered Member

Thank you for answering!

I managed the desaster by copying the DVD-Files to harddisc. After that I could check both image files and finally recover the image successfully.

thank you:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.