TI Reading my firewire drive strangely

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by avmba, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avmba

avmba Registered Member

I have a 120GB Fantom firewire drive that TI is having trouble with. When I examine the drive in Windows Computer Management, it only shows one partition. TI, however, sees about 5 partitions (some as large as 800GB) that have titles like:

"0x65 (Netware 3.x+) 0 bytes" - this is where TI always gets hung up when trying to start a backup project

"811.6GB FS:None Partition: 0x7 (NTFS, HPFS)

"259.4 GB 0x74 (Scramdisk)"

Help! I can't get TI to work unless I disconnect this drive altogether

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello avmba,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make a screen shot of Disk Management window (please maximize the size of this window), then create Acronis Report, please attach your firewire drive before running AcronisReport.exe and send all the information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. ebloch

ebloch Registered Member

I had a similar problem with an External USB 2.0 Drive. It turned out that I had to reformat for ATI to work. ATI would make an image file on the External HDD but the boot CD could not "see" the HDD nor let me reload the image.

I suggest you download, install, and run the free trail of Acronis Disk Director Suite from:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/
    Its display of the directory structure is the same as the one ATI sees.

Disk Management showed one full size partition but ADD showed multiple partitions (similar to yours) adding up to much more than the total HDD capacity.

I used Command.com's DiskPart to "clean" the partition (all data is lost) and then Disk Management to reformat and then the ATI Boot CD worked fine after making a new image.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.