TI on encrypted drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gwilki, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwilki

gwilki Registered Member

Has anyone any experience using TI to back up a drive encrypted with Safeguard Easy?

All of our office laptops are running Windows 2000 on encrypted drives, and I would like to have the comfort of a backup for mine.

tks for any advice

Grant

2. aoz

aoz Registered Member

I use winMagic SecureDoc. Notebook is encrypted.
    Problem is getting an image, search for "aoz" as author (me), and problem with getting USB external drive recognized.
    Not too much time tonight to reply to this, but I'll track this thread to see if others reply also.
    It is a CRITICAL area, as far as I'm concerned; we need a reliable product with which to back up files.

Currently, as I can't get the imaging software to work, I use Novastor's NovaBackup, through windows, and this does unencrypted backup of the file system, but it is slower.

I want to make TrueImage work, and have been going back and forth with tech support on the usb-not-recognized issue for over 1 month, but no solution yet.

BUT, I'll keep trying.....
    nick

3. gwilki

gwilki Registered Member

Thanks much, Nick (AOZ)

I read the previous threads, and I see that Acronis says that TI cannot handle an encrypted drive. Your previous comments on how this is an important issue are spot on! I work for the Cdn Government. All our laptop drives are encrypted. We need a user id and password for Safeguard Easy before Windows boots to the sign on screen. From then on, everything written to the hard drive or a floppy is encrypted on the fly.

To date, if a laptop crashes, our IT dept. wipes the drive and reloads the machine from an image (Ghost). This is fine if we are in the office when it happens. When we are on the road, we have lost our ability to use our laptop. I am trying to make things more fool proof by backing up my laptop to CD's, and having them with me on the road. If the machine should crash, I could restore from the CD's.

If TI cannot do this, we will keep looking.

Thanks again for your reply. If you find another solution, I would be grateful if you could post it.

Grant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.