TI Home Comments on Incremental backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kostas, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kostas

kostas Registered Member

I have succesfully carried out a number of incremental backups and entered comments on each of these incremental backups.
    However I now find that when I click and select one of the earlier increments the comments made at that time have been overwritten by the latest comments and there does not seem to be any method of retaining the comments made for each individual incremental backup.

The result of this is that one only has date at which the backup was made without knowing why the backup was created?

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong

Am I going to have to keep a seperate record of what each increment contains?

Thanks for any advice

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Each increment contains only the in use sectors that have changed since the last full backup or increment. All increments are considered part of the intial full backup. I don't use increments so I can't comment on your issue with comments changing.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kostas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that this is intended product behavior. To see the comments for your backup archives please do the following:
    - Start Recovery process;
    - Select any volume of the multivolume backup archive and click on Next;
    - Then click on any archive volume you would like to restore and you will see your comments in the group box on the right.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. kostas

kostas Registered Member

Thank you Marat for that explanation, I have tried it and it works.

However it has brought up another problem for me personally
    When I checked the comments box on the right I noticed that I had created a full image of my C drive then a differential backup but the next three in error were incremental backups?

Question
    Could I make a successful recovery from these mixed images as they are
    or should I delete the incremental images and replace with one differential one?
    Or would it be best to make a brand new image of my C drive currently as everything seems to be OK at the moment?

I would appreciate your input and how best to do what ever you suggest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.