TI Home 3633 not detecting any drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jbob, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbob

jbob Registered Member

I finally updated TI on my computer from v2337 to v3633 and on TI startup it warns there are no drives detected plus another issue. I have troubleshot down to what I know the issue is. Should I post the issue here or just send this info to TI tech suport? This is a software/hardware driver conflict issue.

In case others might be interested:

I am using an older Asus A7V333 m/b. TI 2337 worked fine however after installation of v3633, when I start TI is gives me a error that no drives are detected but TI continues to start and run normally. When trying to shut down TI I get another dialog box telling me: see attached
    I have to use Task Manager to shut down TI.

After some troubleshooting I determined the conflicting issue was in using the VIA IDE accelerator software instead of the default MS drivers supplied with WinXP. Specifically the VIA driver is v1.21. If I uninstall the VIA driver TI appears to work normally and does not have any issues.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. BrettScott

BrettScott Registered Member

Yes, I am starting to think the problem could be with the VIA drivers. I have been installing and deinstalling various VIA drivers to determine if 3633 will work on my ABIT KV80 MoBo. The VIA IDE Driver could be an important clue for me. Thank you for your post. Most imformative. Cheers Brett Scott.

3. BrettScott

BrettScott Registered Member

Ok, looks like the problem is the VIA drivers. I have installed VIA_HyperionPro_V508A and 3633 has found all physical drives and partitions. I hope the problem is now fixed for good. Cheers Brett Scott and thanks again!

4. jbob

jbob Registered Member

Just so it's clear I am not having issues with the VIA chipset drivers. It is with the VIA IDE accelerator driver that I have seen the issue with. This is an additional driver that is not part of the VIA 4 in 1 packs. However I guess I wouldn't rule out a chipset driver issue could be related as well.

I was hoping for one of the TI techs to make a response but guess this one is getting lost in the fog! lol

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jbob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have forwarded your information to our Testing Team. They will try to investigate this issue with VIA IDE accelerator driver.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.