TI Home 2009 Scheduler is whacked

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shaun5, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun5

Shaun5 Registered Member

The scheduler with TI Home 2009 is broken and does not work.

I originally created a schedule to backup my drives at 3:30 AM to a file called MyBackup.tib. That ran fine for a while. I think decided to change it to run at 2:30 AM and save to a file called AutomatedDailyBackup.tib. I went through the wizard and save this. I closed the task then opened it again for editing to verify my changes were saved. They were.

Except the job runs at 2:30 AM and still saves to the MyBackup.tib filename. Furthermore, even though the timestamp on the backup file shows it was created shortly after 2:30, the Acronis log still shows the job running at 3:30. (But the title for the log entry shows the time at 2:30. See attached image.)

This is ridiculous.

I am running Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit with Acronis TI Home 2009 Build 9608. I know this is not the latest build, but the latest build won't even start up without crashing.

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Shaun5,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Actually, this issue should be investigated on the latest build of the program. Let's try to update the scheduler service only.

Please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the task. The issue should be resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Hi.

Not to hijack your thread but just FYI, in case anyone is running Vista x64 (like me) (and perhaps XP x64 - not sure though) when I ran the install.bat the specific files to be updated weren't. Even running as administrator did not work.

So I manually stopped the scheduler2 service and copied the new files into the relevant folder(s). There are 3 files included in the update - schedhlp, schedul2 and schedmgr. The first two resided in the same folder (use windows search to find) but the third file (schedmgr) does not exist on my pc at least. Anyone have this file on their pc? Just wondered.

4. Shaun5

Shaun5 Registered Member

Unfortunately, I cannot run the latest build. It crashes before it even displays the main menu.

I am also running Vista 64-bit, so I imagine I will have the same problem as Ade 1 did. I am not currently at my computer, so I won't be able to test until later today.

However, rather than mess around with this stupid thing, yesterday I just deleted the old task and built a new one. Haven't checked yet to see if that fixed the problem.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Shaun5,

Thank you for your response.

I can suggest you to run 64-bit version of the scheduler (scheduler_325x64.zip) available on the same page mentioned above.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.