TI Home 2009 - Mounting Images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TonysPC, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonysPC

TonysPC Registered Member

I've just upgraded to TIH 2009, build 9709, after happily using TI9 for a long time.

I was forced into upgrading because my new PC has SATA drives and the TI9 recovery disk would no longer boot into TI. In all other respects, TI9 worked correctly on the new PC.

I'm running Windows XP Professional, SP3.

I am now unable to mount an image. TI thinks about it for a while and either says that it is unable to allocate the drive letter or it just freezes the PC.

I can explore an image but, although it allows me to copy a file, when I try to paste that file elsewhere, nothing happens.

I have checked, via TweakUI, that all drive letters are allowed and I'm logged on as administrator.

Does any one have any ideas how I can solve this?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are these TI9 images or 2009 ones?

The image algorithm has changed for TI2009 (well also from TI11), so it is probable that it won't be able to mount your TI9 images or restore them!

Colin

3. TonysPC

Thanks for your reply.

They are TIH 2009 images.

4. TonysPC

A bit of an update....

I think this problem might be caused by a problem in my Windows installation.

I had a problem using the MS Office Clip Organiser which was caused by the Windows component OLE32.DLL not being registered properly. I have fixed that.

Now I can copy and paste files out of an image file via the Explore option but I still cannot mount an image. At least I can now extract individual files from an image if I need to :)

I think I need to look for another unregistered DLL to solve the problem completely.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TonysPC,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Make sure that Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer is Enabled in Device Manager (Right-click on MY Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Unfold Acronis Devices -> Right-click on Acronis Devices -> Select Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer -> Choose Enabled).

If the issue persists contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. TonysPC

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked in the Device Manager and the Backup Archive Explorer is enabled.

I think I will contact the live chat, as you suggest.

Incidentally, I discovered why my ole32.dll was unregistered - it is apparently a side effect of installing Nero Ver 7. I wonder what else it has done :doubt:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TonysPC,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

ole32.dll is a library which contains core OLE functions.

ole32.dll should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.