TI Home 2009 - Bootable Rescue CD doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stbi, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stbi

stbi Registered Member

Hello,

today I purchased the upgrade from TI 8.0 to TI Home 2009. Unfortunately, like in V8.0, the Bootable Rescue CD doesn't work with my new mainboard - it says something like "unable to laod Linux kernel" after I select "Acronis True Image Home" from the blue start screen. I already tried the Linux parameters "quiet acpi=off noapic" - without success. As a workaround, I made a BartPE CD, but it takes several minutes to boot from it, and in order to access my onboard SATA RAID, I even have to insert a floppy disk (!) with the RAID drivers each time. My questions:

1. Will the Linux problem be fixed in the near future? Or do I perhaps have to use special Linux parameters?

2. Alternatively, is it somehow possible to include the RAID drivers in the BartPE ISO file, so I don't have to use an antiquated floppy disk?

If the TI boot CD perhaps works some nice day, will it recognize my RAID-1? My system:

- CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850e
    - Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H
    - Link to the mainboard drivers: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2887

Thanks & happy holiday,

Stefan

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Contact Support and they will give you an alternative recovery media.

I had the same problem as you have.

3. stbi

stbi Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks, I did that.

Meanwhile, I also succeeded to include the RAID drivers directly into the BartPE ISO, so I don't have to use the "F6 driver diskette" anymore. Furthermore, I edited / added some .inf files to
    - automatically run Acronis True Image on startup,
    - disable the network configuration dialog popup, and
    - set the keyboard layout to German.

I have written a document which describes the necessary steps (currently only written in German), in case anyone needs it.

So this solution now works for me. I only hope that Acronis will deliver regular updates also for the BartPE version of True Image.

Regards,
    Stefan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.