TI Home 2009 - BIG Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ray Sheppard, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Sheppard

Ray Sheppard Registered Member

Purchased TI 2009 update yesterday, to update my version 11 that had performed faultlessly, plus all the previous TI versions that I never had problems with. 2009 is a disaster!

I installed over the version 11, as I always did with previous update versions, then my problems began.

1. the Acronis secure zone was not large enough (100GB with two backups from Version 11) Version 11 would overwrite an older backup - 2009 did not do that, so I removed the oldest backup.

2. Password problem. I never used a password yet but TI insisted my password was wrong. Made a password change, that was not accepted - see xml log data

Then tried to uninstall from the Windows control panel and got as far as 'Please wait while Windows configures Acronis True Image Home' Waited 10 minutes and still nothing happened so I aborted, rebooted and used the install.exe to do a repair installation. After a reboot, tried to backup, with much the same results as the first installation.

E8500 @ 4.0GHz: P5N32-E SLI Plus:
    EVGA 8800 GTX 768MB KO ACS3:
    8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS2 6400 C4 DHX:
    W D Raptors: Toughpower 850W PSU:
    Vista 64-BIT HP

To say I'm unhappy is an understatement but hope a logical reason for these problems can be found as all previous TI versions performed flawlessly.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="9615" product="Acronis*True*Image*Home" task="D0FE29E5-8F93-4442-91F1-F9B8A417A52F" task_name="My Computer Backup1" uuid="0EEB5E16-4FDE-4CD0-95FB-7E6C2FFA8C6A" version="12.0">
    <event code="2" id="1" level="2" message="Operation My Computer Backup1 started." module="100" time="1227267600" />
    <event code="503" id="2" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1227267601" />
    <event code="503" id="3" level="2" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1227267602" />
    <event code="503" id="4" level="2" message="Analyzing partition D:..." module="1" time="1227267602" />
    <event code="503" id="5" level="2" message="Analyzing partition E:..." module="1" time="1227267603" />
    <event code="503" id="6" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1227267604" />
    <event code="503" id="7" level="2" message="Analyzing partition F:..." module="1" time="1227267604" />
    <event code="503" id="8" level="2" message="Analyzing partition G:..." module="1" time="1227267605" />
    <event code="503" id="9" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1227267606" />
    <event code="503" id="10" level="2" message="Analyzing partition H:..." module="1" time="1227267606" />
    <event code="503" id="11" level="2" message="Analyzing partition I:..." module="1" time="1227267607" />
    <event code="503" id="12" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 3-5..." module="1" time="1227267607" />
    <event code="1015" id="13" level="4" message="User name or password for the remote resource {0} is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again." module="11" time="1227267609" />
    <event code="1001" id="14" level="4" message=" (0xB03E9)
    Tag = 0x65E40AA0B4873AA
    Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    Tag = 0xD460020904AF28E6" module="11" time="1227267610" />
    <event code="5" id="15" level="4" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1227267610" />
    </log>

Any help appreciated please

Ray
    PS - The last event on the XML data 'Operation has completed with errors' is wrong - I have yet to see a completed backup, despite five or six attempts at making one.

EDIT - I only back up my 1st drive, with the O/S on, partioned as C:, D: and E: that totals 35GB with compression normal

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Assuming this is XP, in your situation, I would run msconfig, hide all micrsoft services, disable all other services, then onthe startyup tab disable everything. then reboot and run the control panel uninstall and then ATI cleaner .

I would then reboot (you will get a warning from msconfig that you have some things disabled -- leave them that way for now and try a a fresh install of ATI.

After you finsih installing ATI, reboot and when MSconfig comes up, renable everything. Then chec your security software an be sure that al the ATI exe files under Program Files\Acronis and Program Files\Common Files\Acronis are give full permission.

If that doesn't work, then I'd start a ticket with Tech Support via the Acronis web site.

3. Ray Sheppard

Thanks for your reply. As stated in my spec's, I use Vista 64-BIT HP with UAC Disabled. This self build system has run perfectly happy with all my previous TI installations - up 'till now. I'm reluctant to disable services in my Vista system and will endeavour to rid myself of TI 2009 and hope that my TI 11 will install correctly after this. I will then use TI 11 to restore a backup, made before I installed TI 2009 and hope the Acronis folk can release an updated TI 2009 that performs correctly - it certainly found sadly lacking at present.

Ray

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The suppostion is that some prog is coficting with ATI's install/uninstall because the behavior is not particularly common for ATI. I mention XP in the msconfig process becuase the process is a bit diff in Vista and I am most familiar with it in XP.

Disabling serivces shouldn't be a cause for concern -- it's not how you are going to use your pc generally; it's only for the installation and uninstall procedures.

Better would be to isolate the one thing causing the supposed conflict with ATI's install but it's much faster to just msconfg them all (except windows services) and do your uninstalls/installs.

You don't have to try it; was just a suggestion. I use it in such situations because it only takes a few minutes.

You can contact Tech Support and deal with that misery or you can use the free trials that other brands offer, which problaby will be faster and easier than dealing with Acronis Tech Support.

Good luck. If they put the keyboard keys in alphabetical order, then we'd all know how to type. ;-)

5. Ray Sheppard

Thanks for your helpful info shieber. I did deactivate my Avast protection and tried again with similar results as previous installations of TI 2009. In the end I uninstalled it, rebooted and reinstalled TI version 11 that performed perfectly as usual, validated my most recent backup, then restored.

I don't begrudge the 24 quid update, as ATI has been good to me in the past but won't risk installing TI 2009 on my 64-BIT Vista system 'till they have it right. I have installed hundreds of applications on my self build systems over the years but I would be no good as a BETA tester - don't have the knowledge or inclination to remedy an obvious 'buggy' piece of software, at least as far as 64-BIT Vista is concerned.

Ray

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ray Sheppard and shieber,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available at our web site . To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software here.

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Regarding to password issue: please check this article about password setting in tasks.

Please change the task credentials by doing the following:

Tasks and Log -> Highlight the problem task -> Edit -> Proceed up to the credentials window

The user name should be ComputerName\UserName

The ComputerName can be found at:
    Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Computer Name

The Username can be found at:
    Right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Computer Management -> System Tools -> Local users and groups -> Users

If you are not using any password to log into Windows then there should be no password in the credentials.

If above does not help, please clarify, which backup (type, destination, source) you trying to perform?

Please also notice that you can find detailed information on Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.