TI Home 11 cannot find serial number???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PeterPann, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterPann

PeterPann Registered Member

I just purchased True Image Home 11 upgrade and installed it over my working True Image Home 10 version in Vista. During the install process I entered the new supplied serial-number. But now when I try to start True Image Home 11 an error message pops up telling me it cannot find a valid serial number and I should reinstall the product !!!

Could anybody please help me with this issue as I need the program very urgently?!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Since you purchased the Upgrade version of TI11 Home you should have been prompted to enter the new serial followed by a prompt for the serial number of a previous version which in your case would be that which applies to version 10. This is what happens with a fresh install of the upgrade. Since you installed version 11 over an existing installation of version 10 things may be different. If you registered version 10 you may be able to identify the older serial number at the Acronis web site.

My thought would be to locate both numbers and then uninstall version 10 and then do a fresh install of only the version 11 upgrade.

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

Had same problem as you.
    Solution : unistall TrueImage, reboot, install the last version (instead of installing over the previous version). Apparently the upgrade install does not work.

Regards,
    gkweb.

4. PeterPann

PeterPann Registered Member

Thanks for the hint, now the installation worked!

But the Acronis developers should fix this bug ASAP.

5. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

Thanks Paul for keeping us informed.
    I'm glad it works now for you :)
    Indeed Acronis should fix this bug, as it hurts their existing customers.

Regards,
    gkweb.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

With the varous install attempts I've made, I was only prompted for a serial number for the prior version if I was doing a clean install. If I installed over a prior version, I was only asked for the ATI 11 serial number.

Btw, I recommend a clean install -- less problems in the long run if you don't mind having to recreate your backup locations and Tasks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.