TI freezes system and I loose my dvd drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jschnabel, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschnabel

jschnabel Registered Member

Need some help with this

System: dual Xeon 2.8G / 2GB Memory / 2 DVD drives /Supermicro X6DAL-TG with dual SATA controllers ---- first controller has (2) 250GB SATA drives mirrored. 2nd controller has 4 160GB drives stripped.
    OS = WinXP service pack 2.

I had Ghost 9 installed but had issues actually taking an image in windows so I decided to download and try TrueImage(TI). When I attempted to install TI the installer got all the way to installation of the drivers and the image of a clock appeared and just kept winding. After several minutes I realized that something was wrong. I attemted to invoke the task manager to view the process and as soon as I hit the ctrl + alt + del the desktop went blank and stayed that way until I have to reset the system (not a good thing with all the RAID and attached DASD).

After the reboot I attempted to uninstall TI with the supplied installer - well the installer invokes the main TI executable and that caused the system to lock up again. After a few more attempts I knew I was introuble and I had to rebuild my mirror set.

Finally I deleted the TI executable and used the windows remove software tool to uninstall TI - I knew it wouldn't get everything so I searched for processes that were running and stopped and subsequently deleted the TI monitor process and executable.

Everything seemed OK until I went to load a CD and found no icons in my computer - upon inspection of the device manager, the message associated with both DVD drives was that the device driver loaded successfully but the system could not find the hardware!!! I suspect that TI hook into the driver layer and corrupted something.

So, went back to the main device manager screen and unistalled the hardware that the system couldn't find (odd it was right there flagged as cautioned- yellow markers) anfter loading new drivers several uninstalls and reboots I cannot get the system to connect the hardware to the device driver.

I have even uninstalled the DVD associated software (PlexTools and Roxio)

I do not want to have to rebuild this very complicated system - has anyone some sound advice on next steps before I have to do a complete new install?

I guess I found out the hard way that the TrueImage software does not necessarily support RAID arrays

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.