TI Enterprise 1143 Release Experiences

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by collisba, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collisba

collisba Registered Member

Has anyone tried out 1143? The history of changes notes are light on details, and there's no mention of the mounting issue on 2003, or any image that has a vendor startup partition. No mention of imaging to mapped drives, or seeing "computers near me". I am curious about the group task wizard.

2005-05-17 Build #1143:

Group task wizards added
    GUI fixes
    Better hardware support
    Installation fixes
    Tape working fixes

Any chance on elaborating on what was fixed/not fixed?

Thanks,

Brian

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Brian,

I've used it a little so far in a lab setting, mostly to check the group tasks aspect which is great. As for the other issues, I am not sure. I also want to know about the Windows 20003 SP1 issue, as well as the drive assignment issue. I hope this thread will bring those answers.

3. collisba

Hi John,

I've been toying around with the group tasks myself.. it looks interesting, but I don't use Secure Zone, and I have my images seperated out in folders named for the servers on one machine. It looks like the only option for network paths is to drop all of the images in one folder, by autogenerated computer name. Since I also run incrementals off of my fulls, I wouldn't have the ability to move or organize the files until I'm done with that week, and I'd end up missing a server once there were 20 or so of them in there.

I don't suppose you've seen anything that references using a network path with \\server\%computername%\%computername% line? If I had that, it could drop the files into the right folder.

I also didn't hear anything about uninstalling 945/1124 reboot, and install 1143, reboot... do you know if this is still nessesary?

I'm going to try it on my backup 2003 vpn server to see if mounting works.. from there, I'm going to drop it on a spare off-domain machine to see if it has problems using mapped drives like 1124 did. I'll post again if noone else answers those questions.

Brian

4. collisba

Looks like 1143 will work on Server 2003 for mounting.. although the option to choose which partition you want to mount is mute.. it opens all of the partitions.. just not the vendor supplied boot partitions, which was something that screwed the mount on ver 1124 on XP, 2000, and 2003.

Brian

5. napoleon

Brian,

Yes, you are right. I just got off the phone with my rep who told me that Build 1143 does fix the mounting issue with Win2K3 SP1. As for mounting all drives, I guess that is another issue I hope is fixed soon. Other than that, I haven't done too much with this build. I am hoping today to engage it again. The only other request I have - and it seems simple enough - is to have the images auto-verify after creation, then email you when it's done with an email that has the server name in the subject line so I can tell what server sent the message.

6. napoleon

I still prefer to uninstall and reinstall...I've had some issues where it said it upgraded but then the images would fail on the remote server after a week or two. Uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and rebooting fixed it. This is a pain for those of us with production servers like email that you just can't reboot on the fly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.