TI Echo WS: Sata2 Controller problem?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CPAG, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPAG

CPAG Registered Member

Greetings from germany,

as an it-administrator i use "Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with Universal Restore" with RIS/PXE boot in my company. "Never change a running system" so i apply the good old build 8.163 a long time ago.

Now we got new Workstation Desktops with a brand new Mainboard: Asus P5Q SE/R - Ami Bios 0901 with Sata2 Controller/HDD

Build 8.163 crasht with this error message:
    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)

So i updated my Version to build 8.319. This version don´t crash and the acronis gui starts :) But in the background (linux shell) different messages appear.

The Acronis gui is very slow (no network conection and very slow USB Mouse and USB HDD access). No tibfile restore is possible

Anyone an idea? Hotfix, new Version, command on linux shell or different Bios configuration?

thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I would say that version 8 is incapable of supporting your new hardware in the Linux environment.

Download the TI2009 trial version which would be TI12 if the old numbering system was still in use and see if it fixes your problem.

3. CPAG

CPAG Registered Member

My Version is brand-new:
    Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
    Build-Nr. 8319 18. May 2009 (not Version 8 Workstation)

Its the actual, professional business solution.
    http://www.acronis.eu/smb/

I´m not talking about the personal home versions like Acronis True Image Home 2009:
    http://www.acronis.eu/homecomputing/

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CPAG,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation

The latest build for Acronis True Image Echo Workstation from the link you have provided is 8206. What is the language version of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation? If you provide me the serial number for the program via PM I will send you ISO image of Acronis bootable disc latest build.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. CPAG

CPAG Registered Member

Its the german Version build 8319. Thanks for yout help but i solved the problem by myself. I changed the Ram module and it workes. A hardwareproblem...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.