TI deletes NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM and BOOT.INI during normal operation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Erwin, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erwin

Erwin Guest

IMORTANT QUESTIONS REMAIN:
    Acronis True Image 8.0 build 826 apparantly deleted NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM and BOOT.INI during normal operation (creating an Acronis Secure Zone).
    In the Imagefile of C:\ these files are missing (the appropriate folder options are set, of course)
    What's the point of doing an exact (?) image when crucial system files are missing from it?

This needs explanation!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who reacted to my mail, I was definately under stress. The data on this PC, if lost, would break my back. Now I think I am ready to buy a costly tape backup in order to replace my old one, which I was trying to avoid.

Regards
    Erwin

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

If Acronis did what you described it certainly would warrant an explanation. It is unlikely that Acronis routinely does as you described or there would have been a lot of other people complaining about the fault before now so it is more likely to be a fault specific to your computer. I'm glad you're up and running again as it is frustrating to say the least when a program like Acronis does not come through when needed.

Rather than getting a tape backup why not try a second hard disk to write images to so you don't need to use a secure zone? I've restored many images from my second drive without a problem and I've also burned images to DVD (after making the image on my second drive) and when needed copied the image back from the DVD to the second drive and successfully restored it.

I’ve restored so many images I have come to expect Acronis to work without a hitch. I am even setting up a new Windows XP installation on my computer and switching between images of my current Windows and the new Windows to install more programs to the new install and then I switch back to my old one. When the new Windows installation is fully ready and my current one shows signs of being tired and full of rubbish I’ll permanently switch to the new one. In doing this Acronis has worked like a charm. When Acronis works properly it is brilliant.

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.