TI CW - Restore across network.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Citruslad, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citruslad

Citruslad Registered Member

Hi people,

Has anyone here tried this,

I have compA and compB and i am using corporate workstaition version. CompA has 2 partitions and i want to restore an image from compB to compA across the network.

I know the corp workstation version can do this but not when the partition being restored is the "system" partition! Now im a big fan of TI but this kind of defeats the purpose no?

So compA has a C drive which is the system partition and also has the o/s installed (boot partition).

CompA also has a D partition, so i was thinking, can i simply mark the D partition as active and then move the boot files to D??

Once i have done that my system partition will be D which means i can restore the operating system across the network to the C partition?

So my question is ....can i restore the operating system across the network when the partition does not contain the boot files?

If not then is there another version of TI that can do remote restoring of operating systems??

Many thanks for any help

kind regards

Citrus

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Citruslad,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation allows you to remotely restore any partition if the restoration process does not require overwriting of the system partition that is currently in use by the operating system (it requires rebooting into a special "standalone" mode).

Please also take a look at Acronis Snap Deploy features.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.