TI and Windows Event Viewer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjourdev, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjourdev

mjourdev Registered Member

I set the 'Event tracing -> Windows event log' to 'Save messages All events' in the 'Options' menu.

When Windows Event Viewer display messages generated by TI, there is a lot of stuff telling you something is missing in the registry! See pic included.

Thanks for advice,
    Michel

Attached Files:

• mj.jpg
      mj.jpg
      File size:
      38.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjourdev,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please describe the actions, which you took that led you to this issue. What exactly did you try to perform using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation?

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I'm sure Acronis will give you an answer - they seem so helpful here. But in case they do not, here's a hint.

The screen shot indicates "operation has succeeded". So whatever it is in True Image, it worked, but appears not to be able to display some message regarding Event #6. Perhaps the message is on a TI server o_O

I have no idea what any of this means other than offer an observation from my computer. I have a Toshiba laptop. It attempts to start some service for power management (CeEPwrSvc) at about Winlogon time. Invariably, i.e. 100% of the time for well over two years I get practically identical message as the TI screen shot (/AUXSOURCE=flag). The only difference is Event #0 and Category=None. These old, and NOT for XP-home Microsoft articles apparently explain, but not to me
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312216
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...819c-454b-aa33-91b301b5a4fa1033.mspx?mfr=true
    why do I mention it? I suspect it's not at all a TI issue, but a MS issue of being confused even when the event log is to enlighten the user about some successful operation.

I hope I did not muddy up this thread.

4. mjourdev

mjourdev Registered Member

Alex,

when I made a TI backup of a workstation, I ask TI to post the progress of the backup in the Event log of Windows.

I'm only suprised that Windows EventViewer display some stuff which are not related with TI backup.

Acronis should try to eliminate un-necessary sentences.
    'Operation has succeded' is enough.

Thanks,
    Michel

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjourdev,

Please note that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. Probably this behavior of Acronis True Image will be changed in one of the next build of the appropriate product.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.