TI and Promise 378 SATA RAID as IDE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cooch, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooch

Cooch Guest

All,
    Using an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, 4 SATA drives, 2 on SATA, 2 on RAID SATA configured as IDE.

All builds from within Windows work, 7 and 8. However, the only version that I can get to work via the boot CD is 7-597.

Any other builds that anyone knows of that will work outside of Windows ? Opensource Promise 378 RAID/SATA/IDE Linux drivers ? Anything ?

I'd hate to stop using it, there really isn't anything else out there.

2. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

Email me for link.

3. 3iii

3iii Registered Member

I have found for what you have mentioned you can perform a "check" with the boot cd as long as you have created the boot cd in "SAFE MODE". It does not appear to allow you to perform a full backup with this boot CD. Another person has been successful in performing a restore using the "SAFE MODE" boot disk. If you create a boot disk using floppies ensure that they are formated and blank. Incremental backups may possibly be taken from the "SAFE MODE" boot disk but this hasn't been tried. One draw back from using the 'SAFE MODE' disk is that it will not allow you to restore from a backup that was burnt to cd. It only allows you to restore from a hard drive backup.

4. 3iii

3iii Registered Member

P.S. the build for the above info was 771 on TI 8.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.