TI able to backup from a raid?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by realized, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realized

realized Registered Member

I am looking for a solution to backup a windows 2003 SBS machine with a raid5. I would like to, incase of a crash, to recover from my latest backup.

My question is this.

Does the backup restore EMPTY space? i.e. if I have 15gb of used space and 200gb of free space, will I need 215gb’s of dvd’s/cd’s to recover?

2. realized

realized Registered Member

Also, am i able to restore remotly from a file server on the LAN?

i.e boot disk with network drivers , point it to the networked machine and eat lunch to come back to a working server?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello realized,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please take a look at my reply in this previous thread. It should answer your question.

As for saving images to DVD, please note that the current version of Acronis True Image does not write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. You can find more information on how to write images to DVD in this FAQ article. The ability to write images to DVD directly will certainly be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Yes, we recommend that you use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows for your purposes. Both these products allow creation\restoration of images to\from shared drives\folders and NAS devices over the LAN. The major difference between these two Acronis True Image versions is that Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows allows controlling the backup creation\restoration operations remotely using Acronis Management Console.

We recommend that you download and install the free trial version(s) of the product(s) you are interested in to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use the software in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.