TI 9 upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mildewman, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mildewman

mildewman Guest

I got the free upgrade to TI 9.0 since I purchased TI 8.o on Sep 17th...

First, if I download the latest update file, build 2259, is that a fully installable file? The web dwnlad page has the update, but also has a choice for Download Installation File. Do I need the installation file? I thought the update file was a full version - judging by the size I'd think it was... Any input?

And... I am quite content with 8.0 for now -seems to do whatI bought it for. Should I wait to upgrade (some of the new features sound useful) until some of the problems ssettle down? Or are the problems overstated as this is a place where people come for answers?

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Very good questions, mildewman. I was considering upgrading myself from 8.0.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Personally, I'm waiting until the dust (nuclear cloud?!) settles before upgrading from TI 8 to TI 9. When the time comes I will create a complete disk image of my existing system (that contains TI :cool: and retain my (known good) bootable rescue CD. Only then will I upgrade to v9, create a new rescue CD from it and carry out thorough testing. If I'm not happy with its functionality then I will either try to resolve it through support@acronis.com or else revert back to the previous version and wait for a later build.

As ever with True Image, the only way to really find out whether a particular version or build will work with your own speciific hardware/software is to install it and suck it and see.

Regards

4. prandy

prandy Registered Member

I did not wait and went ahead with TI 9. Wish I had not done so. The folders and file area is all messed up and unusable in my opinion. If you do not need that I would stick with what you have if it meets your needs. Let the dust settle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.