Ti-9 Install Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Waiting, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waiting

Waiting Registered Member

I just bought True Image 9.0 My question is:
    Must I uninstall True Image 8.0 before installing TI-9?

And if so: do I just go to Add/Remove programs?
    Using Windows XP Home.........thanks

2. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

yes, remove in add / remove before install 9.0

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Register your product and download the latest version.

Yes, use the Add/remove and un-install 8. "Before un-installing V8, use ATI & remove(un-install) the ATI secure zone and ATI recovery console--if you have these ATI options installed." If you forget or its too late, you can also remove these options from inside 9. Be sure and make your new user created recovery CD with the new updated downloaded version.

Make a new set of backups with the latest update and backup using the disk option.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  4. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Registered Member

Thanks for the good info. I'm a first time user that just installed TI9. When I try to make the boot disk, referenced in your post, it says that I can use the TI9 program disk to boot my computer. Does this sound right, or do I really need to make a seperate boot disk? TIA.

5. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

yes make the boot disk

6. Waiting

Waiting Registered Member

Thanks for the info....you said to remove the "recovery console"...
    Could that be my exterior hard drive that I have my backups on?
    Sorry for such a basic question.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I have corrected my earlier post to read:
    "Before un-installing V8, use ATI & remove(un-install) the ATI secure zone and ATI recovery console--if you have these ATI options installed."

You mention "exterior drive" as containing your backups. If you click on your exterior drive letter and can see the backup files, then your files will be retained. However, if these *.tib files are not visible and are stored in a user created Secure Zone (hidden--managed by Acronis), then these backup files iinside the SZ will be deleted when you remove the version 8 Secure Zone.

It would be immensely helpful if you were to read other postings on this forum. The search is an invaluable tool. There are very very few really new questions. Most questions about ATI have already been asked and answered via this forum. You can also learn how to frame your question so you will get quicker and more direct answers. I find it helpful to save many of the topics onto my own computer for subsequent references. You can learn a lot by reading about other people's questions.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  8. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Registered Member

Thank you for your quick answer. I will do it immidiately. Just out of curiousity, I wonder if the emergency boot disk that came with Norton Systemworks Premere will also serve if something should happen to my TI boot disk?

9. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

It seems that you purchased a boxed version of TI if you received it on disk. If that is so, go into Help>About to see what build number you have. The current build number for TI 9 Home is 3677 and you'd better register with Acronis and download it if what you have now is lower than that.

To safely install the downloaded build, uninstall first the present build through Add/Remove Programs and then install the new one. When done, create a new Rescue CD from build 3677. The same goes for any new build (update) you are going to download later.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Waiting,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that we recommend to un-install the previous version of Acronis True Image prior to the installation of the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. You can use Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.

Please also note that Acronis Secure Zone is not deleted if you un-install the program and you will need to remove it manually from within Acronis True Image before un-installing, if you want. If you have image archives ctored in Acronis Secure Zone you will be able to access them with the newer version of the program. Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is able to restore all the images created using any previous version of the product.

As for the "ATI recovery console" which GroverH mention I believe that he meant Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (please have a look at Chapter 3.4 "Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide). Please note that if you use it with the version 8.0 of Acronis True Image you still will be able to use it with the version 9.0. You will just need to re-activate it after you install the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

To get access to updates you should first register your software. After that you will be able to download the latest build (3677) from Product Updates section of your account.

Please also note that we recommend you to create a new Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media, because each new build brings such improvements as better hardware support etc. Additional information on creating bootable media can be found in the Chapter 10 of Acronis True Image User Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fourdogs,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home you will be able to create a special bootable rescue media (CD, a pack of floppies or a flash card). If your system fails you will just need to boot from the rescue media and restore the system. When booted from the bootable media you are able to access any connected hard disks as well as a wide variety of IDE, SCSI, FireWire (IEEE-1394), USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) and PC card (PCMCIA) interfaces and devices, including CD-ROM, CD-R(RW), DVD, magneto-optical drives, network, Iomega Zip and Jaz. So you can store your image files there. Please also have a look at this FAQ article about the standalone version of Acronis True Image. You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

As I mentioned above we recommend you to create a new Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media using the latest build of the product.

Please note that in order to restore the image archive created with Acronis True Image 9.0 Home one should use recovery CD created with Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.