TI 9 in bootable recovery mode can't see my Rev Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter Mac, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Mac

Peter Mac Registered Member

TI 9 in bootable recovery mode (the linux shell) can't see my Iomega Rev drive. It can see all IDE drives, but not the USB Rev.

I CAN see the USB Rev in Windows XP SP2.

Is TI 9 supposed to be able to backup directly to Rev if I boot from the Recovery CD?

2. Peter Mac

the entire reason I bought TI 9 was to see my Rev. It bothers me backing up to a Rev has so many problems:

1. The bootable recovery CD can't see it
    2. When I backup in WIndows it splits the files into 2 gb files like FAT 32 files. I am running NTFS and the settings are automatic--no reason for this except that acronis must think my REv is fAT 32

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Peter,

The FAT 32 file size limitation is 4GB. Therefore it's more likely that TI thinks your REV drive is a ISO 9660 DVD (2GB file size limit).

Regards

4. Peter Mac

good to know, but the problem remains the same--TI 9 doesn't know it's a Rev ;)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter Mac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Please keep your Iomega Rev drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Please also let us know the exact model of your Iomega Rev drive.

Could you please make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management indicating that your Iomega Rev drive has an NTFS file system (follow Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management)?

Please be aware that when your PC is booted from Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable Rescue CD Iomega Rev drive is detected as an additional CD/DVD drive and is available for read access only. You therefore can only restore an image archive located on an Iomega drive, but not save it there. However, you still can create images saving them to the Iomega Rev drive when Acronis True Image 9.0 is running from under Windows.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  6. philippg

philippg Registered Member

that's an official answer, finally! at current TI 9 can not write to iomega REV drives (USB) when started via bootable rescue CD.

acronis: please add this functionality - it´s really essantial!

philippg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.