TI 9 Home, build 3.567 and new features?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wokoenig, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hello forum,
    today it appears the new TI9 Home with new features . In the Help I read from
    1. snap restore
    2.Acronis universal restore
    3.booting from image?
    But this 3 features are not included in TI9 Home newst build from todayo_O?? I read something from Acronis Enterprise.

Whats now new in TI 9 Home, build 3.567??

2. werne

werne Registered Member

Officially, Acronis only lists the following changes to build 3567:
    • GUI fixes
    • Better hardware support
    • 64x support added
    This description is totally inadequate to list the fundamental changes to the program that I have found. They are as follows:

1. As in some earlier versions you can write the Bootable Rescue disk to a USB drive, if desired.

2. You are given the option to combine all your other acronis product rescue disks onto one CD. It works for some but I haven't tried them all (I don't own all their products) so lets just say it works for some of their products.

3. You can make bootable CDs with your data .tib files, i.e., you can boot from your cd into Acronis True Image and then write your data files that are also on that CD to a disk. This only works for removable media. However, that term is a little misleading because the statement in the help file that it will write to removable media is technically incorrect in all cases. The removable media can't be a DVD (Acronis should have put that in the help file but they didn't) it must be a CD or I presume (since I didn't test this) an external hard drive or USB type device (with enough space).

4. Plus one item that is a real biggie for me: Backing up any partition now includes the drives MBR for the disk that the partition is on. This is for every partition regardless of whether it is the boot/system partition (gotta do this to keep the Windows purists happy, it's a terminology thing). So you no longer have to back up the entire drive to obtain that drives MBR. This is a great improvement to the product.

Advice to Acronis: This particular build is a tremendous advance in the usefullness of the product; but I doubt many people know this because you fail to put this out either at all or in such technological babble that no one can figure it out. With these improvements, the only major thing left on my list is the ability to write directly to DVDs (without workarounds).

Summation: With these changes, this is undoubtedly the finest backup solution on the market. Thanks Acronis!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Please note that all information concerning the features of the new build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will be included into User's Guide and Features list on our web site as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Please let us know when the guide is available.
    I see no point installing the build without documentation of the changes.

Also, why did the size of the build double in size?

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Howard,

Do a custom install ,and you'll see the not mentioned feature that takes up 24Mb all by its' lonesome.

Hint - It is a form of trade or a star of the Simpsons acting as a Private Eye :eek: .

Colin

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

But 24MBo_O

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Yes, they include a second copy of all files; including the executables and ramdisk in the PE folder. Though interestingly, TI is slightly smaller (8.5 versus 9.18Mb) in the PE folder.

Colin

8. Howard Kaikow

What does PE mean?
    Physical Education?

9. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

...isn't it Preinstalled Environment?

10. Howard Kaikow

What matters are the files left after the install.

11. mantra

mantra Registered Member

is this build the 9.1?

12. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

But more there than what's described. Download went from 37mb for 2337 to 76mb for 3567.

13. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Howard,

I don't quite understand your comment.

If a custom install is performed, the choice of installing BartsPE v9.x files become available. When ticked, the necessary files, including as I mentioned above copies of all the TI9 files are in the PE folder.

Naturally if these aren't required on the harddrive, then the custom install option shouldn't be chosen and those files will not appear on the hard drive.

Colin

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mantra,

No, it's the long awaited reworked version of TI 9.0 Home, based on the TI 9.1 (Corporate series) imaging engine.

Regards

15. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Could you clarify for me the following. My TI 9 is only a week old and has not been updated with the latest build. I have imaged my C drive which resides on a partition. If I try and restore the image does that mean that the MBR will not be restored correctly because I have not imaged the entire drive?

16. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello mark3,

Not only will it not be restored correctly, it won't be restored at all!! :D. However, this usually isn't a problem if restoring the partition image back to the serviceable original drive. It'll only come home and bite you if you restored that image to a brand new, unpartitioned, replacement drive.

Regards

17. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

Been there, done that and got the T-shirt! What he says is true. The new feature whereby the drive's MBR is now included even in a single partition image of a multiple-partitioned drive is going to be heartily embraced by many users including me! :thumb:

18. Howard Kaikow

So PE has something to do with the add-in for BartPE.
    No such critter in the custom install for build 2337, at least in win 2000.

19. Howard Kaikow

What build is your installed TI?
    Anything earlier than build 2337 should be replaced at once.

20. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hi Forum,
    thx for the answers.
    But:
    I have seen that the "universal restore" only will works with the corporate version and not with TI 9 Home?
    Is that right?
    If yes, its a pity because the feature to can make a backup to new hardware is very fine and I will miss it.

Its a pity that I cannot make a bootable DVD with an image furthermore. I will not work with PE Plugin. Its to complicate for me.

21. Howard Kaikow

BART = Bay Area Rapid Transit
    But I'd feel more secure with Lisa, she's a lot brighter than Bart.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  22. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Yes, when we lived down there the joke was that it was good it was Bay Area and not Frisco Area!

23. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

The build is 2337.

24. werne

werne Registered Member

Mark3,

Menorcaman is correct in that your build doesn't include the MBR if you only backup your C: Drive partition. Solution: Upgrade to the latest version of TI 9.0 Home (build 3567), backup your C: Drive and the MBR for that drive will be included and you should have an image that will will be bootable when you write it to a drive. The update is free for you since you already own an earlier build of v9.0. The MBR normally isn't changed on your drive unless it is either (1) a new drive without one or (2) you deliberately rewrote it with some utility or (3) you used some third party boot system such as bootitng that changed it or (4) an act of God when for whatever reason your drive was corrupted. Barring those reasons your current backup would probably work. But I wouldn't take a chance on it. Update your TI program and have peace of mind.

25. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Acronis universal restore has any tried this form the home build - I'm a bit confused wheather its actually included or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.