TI 9 Hangs Windows XP on Reboot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Roboman, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roboman

Roboman Registered Member

I always get an error message to END PROGRAM when I attempt to re-boot or shutdown Windows XP. Acronis TI 9 is the only program to do this.

I un-installed, cleaned the registry and re-installed TI with the same result.

Can anyone help?

Windows XP Pro SP2
    Pentium D 1GB RAM
    Acronis TI 9 Build 3677

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

How do you know that it is the TI that is creating the problem? Does it mention TI in the error message? If it does then it's certainly odd considering you used the normal procedure to reinstall it.

See if the problem occurs if you disable automatic load on booting. In case you are not sure how to do this, click Start, Run type msconfig click OK. Select Startup tab and uncheck TI. Close the window and reboot.

If the error message does not display then the next thing would be to launch TI, close it and shut down and see if the error again occurs.

If it does not display then there is a possibility that there is conflict between it and another program on loading and that error is carried through to shut down.

3. Roboman

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I did stop Ti form loading at start-up and the problem went away. It was the actual TI Monitor and not the scheduler or TI Image Mounting that caused the problem.

I did change all my AV, Spyware and firewall software but the problem continues.

At this point I'm suspecting that something in TI is not get cleaned out after despite uninstalling TI and cleaning the windows registry.

Any more ideas? Are there any utilities to help find a possible conflict?

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

This begs the question, why is TI running in the background? No need for it to do so at all. Usually when you get the window to End Program, sometimes it says what program its but you have to look quickly.

5. Roboman

I'm not sure why. I do have backups scheduled every night.

The pop-up window stays open and never closes. Maybe I'll try letting the schedular start at Windows star-up but not the application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.