TI-9 File Split

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by OrlaRau, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrlaRau

OrlaRau Registered Member

In TI-7 and TI-8 I could split files just the size I wanted. I used to split image files at 1.8 GB.
    In TI-9 I can only split in given sizes. Why is that?
    And why are the choices so limited? If I want to save an image to my ZIP drive, which is a 250 MB drive, I would have to split at 100 MB meaning I couldn't fill the 250 MB diskette.
    People who have JAZ Drives would have to split at 700 MB because next choice is 4.7 GB.
    It does not make sense to have to save images in large files, and then use another program to split them !!!!

2. atlast

atlast Guest

Dont you just click in the box and type in your size. I typed in 2000mb and it showed 1.94GB so you can pick any size. The drop downs are just for convenience

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello OrlaRau,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to set the image archive split size to any value just as well as two previous versions.

The only possible reason for you to be unable to achieve your goal is that you probably pointing the value as 250 MB instead of 250MB. I mean that there should not be any space between the numbers and letters.

Please let me know if the problem still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. OrlaRau

OrlaRau Registered Member

Thanks for the answers.
    For the time being I have removed TI-9. It's true I did put a space in between. (Ex.: 1.8 GB). It worked in TI-7 and TI-8 with the space, so I just figured it should be there and therefore did not try without.

Orla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.