TI 9 DOES do autoverify image- YAY!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by At Last, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At Last

At Last Guest

Go to options-default options-additional setting-check archive when backup creation complete

Check the above box.

TI 9 backs ups and then verifies with no intervention

As mentioned before default options excludes files including system files so make sure it is unchecked. I would have thought this would not show if doing image backup

2. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

...but will this work if you create images using the rescue cd? I mean, you would have to set options every time...correct?

3. Atlast

Atlast Guest

The wizard lets you set autoverify when you boot from rescue disk

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

OK, but I assume this will have to be set every time...along with the other options discussed like include .bak files, etc.

5. atlast

atlast Guest

Yes: you have to select the option each time as of course the rescue CD can't save a preferences file back to its self. Just another click on the wizard

Of course if you only use the rescue disk as a restore mechanism then thats not really a problem.

When run from Windows you can change the default options permanently.

Its great to have it run at night and have all finished in one hit

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I always felt that creating a backup would be safer using the rescue CD. I suppose that running it from XP-PRO is supposed to work! :D

7. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I just installed TI9. I booted the rescue CD and do not see where I can change options. I did not do a backup yet, but I do see where to change options while in windows.

Will it ask me as I get further into the backup process with the boot cd?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MPSAN and At Last,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that since there is no chance to save the default options when running Acronis True Image 8.0 from Bootable Rescue CD, Backup wizard just does not allow you to configure them and proceeds to the maual setting as usual.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Yes, I understand that TI9, in my case, can not save options to the startup CD. I was just saying that I do not see an option when booting from CD as I do in the windows version.

In windows we can change some options (is Swap file defaulted to off?) but I have not seen the options when booting from the Rescue CD. I want to be sure I do not backup the swap and hibernate files but do want to backup the hidden files and .bak files, etc. As I said, I can see where to do this while using windows, I just do not see that when doing a full Backup from the Rescue CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.