TI 9 Bootable CD Does Not Boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PhilipShaunTaylor, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilipShaunTaylor

PhilipShaunTaylor Registered Member

I wanted to use TI 9 to snapshot my new PC's partitions BEFORE firing up the pre-installed Windows XP for the first time (so I could go back to EXACTLY how the machine was delivered).

Checked "Boot from CDROM" in the BIOS, popped in the TI 9 Bootable CD ("Bootable CD" is clearly printed on the CD) and ... the CD didn't boot and I was promptly taken into the XP setup screens.

Anyone else had similar experience of TI 9 Bootable CD not booting?

BTW the PC's BIOS's boot options ARE definitely setup OK as booting from PartitionMagic CD DOES boot OK.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What is your new system? Brand, model, etc.

Have you tested the TI Recovery CD on another system to confirm that it is bootable?

If it isn't, you could install TI temporarily on another system, create a new Recovery CD and use that.

3. PhilipShaunTaylor

Thanks jmk94903.

New PC is a Mesh Titan2 GS (highly-regarded British make) with :-

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI PCI-Express MoBo
    1GB DDR400 RAM
    250GB SATA HDD (Maxtor)
    SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable
    ASUS 512MB nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
    Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

As I alluded to, my PartitionMagic 8 CD boots OK on this m/c.

Tried the same on my old m/c (AMD Duron 850MHz based with W98SE) with similar results, i.e. :-
    TI 9.0 Home CD does not boot
    PM 8 CD does boot

All the evidence suggests that the TI 9 CD is not in fact bootable!

I'll try installing on my old m/c and create a Recovery CD as you kindly suggested.

4. jmk94903

Nice system!
    Bingo! Why it's not bootable isn't clear, but it's clearly not in spite of the label.
    That should do it.

5. ste64ant85

ste64ant85 Registered Member

Hi, I post this message from italy.. two days ago I'd the same problem with all boot types (cd and fd) on my pc (AMD64 3200+ 1GBRam Win XP SP2 HD SATA160GB) ... my keyboard leds start to blink and after first display of acronis logo the system seems to be halted.
    When I try boot the acronis cd/fd on another pc (AMD Duron 1300 256MBRam Win XP SP2 HD Eide 80GB) problems disappear and the boot is ok!
    P.S. I've acronis TImage Deluxe(2004) installed from an old magazine cd offer.
    Thanks and sorry for my english.

stefano

6. PhilipShaunTaylor

Hi Stafano & John,

Stefano, your English is much better than my Italian (zero!) and I perfectly understand what you have written. And thank you for your contribution.

I did learn a little Latin in school, but I guess Latin was several hundred years before Italian. We British are shameful at making the effort to learn other languages!

Back to business ...

My TI 9 "Bootable" CD (retail) will not boot on either of my PCs: no logo, nothing.

I created a TI Rescue CD from an installed TI 9 on my old PC as John suggested and this boots fine.

Would Acronis Support care to comment on the non-bootability of my retail TI 9 CD?

7. jmk94903

Hi Stefano,

Your message was very clear. I think the problem may be that the version of TI that you have is too old for your hardware. The only way to know for sure is to buy/upgrade to the current version.

8. jmk94903

I'm glad to hear that the problem is resolved and you are in business. What went wrong with the retail disk may remain a mystery, but since TI lets you make your own recovery disk (unlike some competitor products), you can also keep the recovery CD up to date as new builds become available.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 4PhilipShaunTaylor and ste64ant85,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Make a screen shot of Windows Explorer showing the installation CD contents and attach it to your post using the Advanced reply mode available at the bottom of this page;

- Let us know where you purchased the software.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. PhilipShaunTaylor

As requested, here's a screenshot of the contents of my Acronis True Image Home 9.0 retail CD (with "Show all files" option switched ON).

--- Couldn't upload a screenshot - TOO BIG. Here's a list of the folders/files at the top level folder :-

Folder AdobeReader
    Folder Autorun
    Folder Demo
    Folder Recovery Manager
    Folder TrueImage
    Folder UserGuide
    File autorun.inf
    File license.txt
    File Setup.exe

Purchased from www.genstar.co.uk, re-published in the UK by Phoenix Global Software Limited (www.phoenixsoftware.co.za).

Thanks,

Phil

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PhilipShaunTaylor,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if you receive any error message on bootup?

Please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site
    To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If that doesn't help please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Anton Sherkhonov

12. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Phil,

Open the saved image in Paint and then click on Save As and choose JPG from the drop down menu.

It still won't be as compact as programs like Irfran can make them, but it will be small enough to be uploaded here.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.