TI 9 and BartPE Plugin for TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by huntnyc, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I upgraded from TI 8 to TI 9. For now, I have created a BartPE disk with TI 8 plugin. However, I want to install TI 9 because I like the feature of the ability to automatically verify image after creating it.

Would it be possible for me to continue to use my BartPE disk in case I need to restore or do other operations outside of Windows and just use TI 9 inside of Windows. I have no need for the folder backup feature at least for now. Would there be any problems in doing this? Thanks for your help.

Gary

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello huntnyc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

There should not be any problems with using Acronis True Image 8.0 plug-in for BartPE to restore a disk\partition images created using Acronis True Image 9.0.

Please also note that our Development Team is currently working on Acronis True Image 9.0 plug-in for BartPE and so it will be available at our web site in the near future, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Thank you for the response and I hope when this plugin for version 9 is done, it will be announced here. I am glad Acronis is working on this.

Gary

4. simoneast

simoneast Registered Member

I just bought TI 9. Can I use it with BartPE at all at the moment?
    (The BartPE page just tells me to "login" which I've already done. No download link or instructions are available.)

Have had some frustrating issues with mice and USB drives not being detected correctly using the standard boot CD.

Simon.

5. troubledAGAIN

troubledAGAIN Registered Member

Ditto the above dude. I just bought TI9 and would like to use it with BartPE. Can I get the plugin for TI8 and use it until the TI9 plugin is finished? HUH? HUH? YA? MAYBE?

6. Acronis Support

7. troubledAGAIN

troubledAGAIN Registered Member

Thank you I got it.

8. alaurene

alaurene Guest

Will the TI9 BartPE plugin support mounting an image for viewing and/or restoration of files?

This is a REALLY important issue for those of us in the IT support community.

Thanks for a great product!

9. mustang

mustang Developer

You can download my version of the BartPE plugin for True Image 8 at here.

You will need the True Image 8 plugin from the Acronis web site to get the necessary files. The help file in my plugin will tell you what files to add to the Acronis plugin. It will also give you clear instuctions on how to mount an image.

The plugin will work with full images created with True Image 9 as well. Files/Folders images created with True Image 9 will not work because the plugin uses TrueImage.exe from TI8.

mustang

10. fulbrich

fulbrich Registered Member

Hello,
    it is nice to hear that there is still a development for a TI 9 BartPE plugin.

I draw my conclusion to buy this software by the following points:

a) TrueImage is one of the best Imagingsoftware solutions as a testresult of the german ct computer magazine (1/2006) shows..:thumb:
    b) Acronis provides us with a BartPE plugin ! :thumb:

I hope that the new plugin for TI 9.0 is ready in the next weeks. I need the new features comming with TI9 on by BartPE CD.

I like to encourage you to continue this was. TI is a quite good product.

Thanks
    Frank Ulbrich (Germany)

11. Acronis Support

Hello Frank,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that we plan to release BartPE plug-in for Acronis True Image 9.0 in the nearest future as soon as we finish testing it.

I would also note that you can register your serial number for Acronis True Image 9.0 at https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/products/registration/ and use Acronis True Image 8.0 plug-in for BartPE temporarily.

You can download Acronis True Image 8.0 plug-in for BartPE at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/bartpe/

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

12. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Hei Tatyana

I have finally sorted out a bios problem, and at last have BartPE 31.10a booting OK with the Acronis plugin - however, if I check my Acronis Zone with 'Recover' it errors with "unable to see any images" . They do exist, as I also have the mustang TI9 plugin installed, and that sees the Zone ok.

Since your TI8 plugin exists, I assume someone else has actually checked Recovery from the Zone, and I wonder if this a problem others have reported?

Regards

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  13. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello Cintra,

The Acronis TI8 plugin should see images in the Secure Zone. Is there any chance your image was created with TI9 using the new "differential" option? If so, only the TI9 plugin will be able to see it. This would apply to images stored anywhere, not just the Secure Zone.

mustang

14. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Mustang:

I hate to post an OT item but you seem to know everything about Bartpe! :rolleyes:

I have never been able to create the CD. I get ONE error during the pebuild and it will then stop the ISO from being created. The error is...

Error: CopyFile() "e:\I386\setupreg.hiv" to "C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV" returned error 5: Access is denied.
    Building done...

There where 1 errors and 0 warnings

As I said, I hate to post this OT question, but I have asked about this on 911cd.net and can not get an answer.

TIA

15. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Hei mustang, thanks btw for the TI9 plugin, it works very well :)

Concerning use of the Acronis differential option, no I only ever do complete disk backups, usually from within XP where I have TI9 build 2337, but there might well be a backup in the Zone made both from an Acronis Rescue CD, and/or BartPE CD.

mvh

Btw, I was looking at using your TI8 zip file but am a little unsure whether its just to extract your zip file into the Acronis plugin folder, or do I also need to add these files you mention in the htm file?
    C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\bootmenu.exe to
    C:\pebuilder\plugin\Acronis\files\bootmenu.exe

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\mouse.com to
    C:\pebuilder\plugin\Acronis\files\mouse.com

C:\Windows\System32\snapapi.dll to
    C:\pebuilder\plugin\Acronis\files\drivers\snapapi.dll

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\snapman.sys to
    C:\pebuilder\plugin\Acronis\files\drivers\snapman.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\timntr.sys to
    C:\pebuilder\plugin\Acronis\files\drivers\timntr.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tifsfilt.sys to
    C:\pebuilder\plugin\Acronis\files\drivers\tifsfilt.sys

16. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello Mspan,

That line comes up very early in the build process. I assume e:\I386\ is the source for the Windows files on your hard drive. Is it a folder created by your system manufacturer? If it is, there are probably limited permissions set for this directory. You may need to set permissions to this folder to everyone. The procedures can be different for WinXP Home and Pro.

You could also try to use a real Windows XP/SP2 CD as the source. This should eliminate this problem.

mustang

17. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Sorry, but E: is my Windows XP Pro SP2 source CD. The file is there and is 262,144 Bytes long. After I try PEBUILDER, I do not see this directory....
    C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV

I see the SYSTEM32 DIR and a smaller setupreg.hiv with todays date is there! After I get the one error, the log shows that it does add all the inf files etc. I wonder if there is a way I can copy my file on the CD to bartbe area on C: but still wonder why I do not have a ....SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV directory. I have been trying to create a BartPE (or reatogo) cd for 3 months now and can not get past this issue.

18. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Mustang...I tried again and here is what I do not understand...

1. It created the following DIR's OK.
    Directory created: C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386
    Directory created: C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32
    Directory created: C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG

2. Copying file "e:\I386\setupreg.hiv" to "C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV"

3. There is no SETUPHIV Directory or file.
    4. There IS a setupreg.hiv file in C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32, but it has todays date and is 139,264 Bytes.

Does any of this make sense? I can copy my i386 dir on the CD to my Hard Drive and I get the same error...faster. It does say that the setupreg.hiv is being used by another process but I have no idea what is loaded in the system to cause this. Also, I told it to create an ISO this time and it made no difference.

Directory created: C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386
    Directory created: C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32
    Directory created: C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG
    Copying file "e:\I386\setupreg.hiv" to "C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV"
    Copying file "e:\I386\setupreg.hiv" to "C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV"
    Error: CopyFile() "e:\I386\setupreg.hiv" to "C:\PEBUILDER3110A\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV" returned error 5: Access is denied.
    Building done...

19. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello MSPAN,

That is stange. Lets go back to basics. Here is a screenshot of what your pebuilder should look like before you start the build process, assuming you have the Windows CD in the E: drive:

http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/pebuilder.JPG
    Are we OK up to this point?

If you match up with the screenshot, post back and we will look further.

mustang

20. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello MSPAN,

Some of it does. I end up with a small SETUPREG.HIV file in pebuilder\BartPE\I386\System32 after a build. The size will vary, in my case it is 416 KB. The part that does not make sense is the Access denied error. Do you have Administartor privledges on the machine you are building from?

mustang

21. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Yes, same screenshot and I do have admin as it is my home machine.

22. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Well!! Just for the heck of it I used TweakUI to add my Admin account to the Welcome screen. I only have one user on this system...me so the welcome screen never came up. Anyway, I logged in to admin and for the first time ever (on this system) I created the BartPE ISO. Will burn later. Something must be loading in my normal login that pebuilder does not like. More than likely, something must be using setupreg.hiv.

ISO is only 150 MB...somehow I expected it to be bigger.

Anyway, now I need to see if I can get TI9 to work, so this is now back On Topic!

23. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello MSPAN,

Good to hear. I was running out of ideas.

mustang

24. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Great. I will burn the ISO. I hope my unused admin account has enough on it to be of some use. I will then see what I can do about adding your TI9 plug in. Since I have never been this far before, I am not sure where to go next. I guess I will d/l it. :D

Thanks again,
    Dave

P.S. Is that your website? Did you go to WPIo_O

Paul, I just opened your help file! Boy do I have memories of Homecoming '64! I did not go to WPI but my best friend did and I tagged along! Had lots of good food at the Paxton Inn as well, but that was long ago!

25. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello MSPAN,

Yes and yes class of 1968.

mustang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.