TI 9.2337 rescue disk image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I seem to recall that a link had been posted for a download of a rescue disk image that can be burned to a CD-R.

Where is that link?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

There isn't one. If none of the workarounds that I provided the link to in your other thread titled <9.2337: Cannot create rescue disk on CD-R > work then follow the instructions provided in this <previous Acronis Support reply> in order to obtain the CD ISO.

Regards

3. Howard Kaikow

The referenced Acronis response is not at all useful.

Since it is well known that CD recording software often causes problems with other programs trying to record CDs, it makes no sense to ask users to go thru tumblesaults just to be able to download a bootable image.

If they are registered users, there's no reason why a downloadable image cannot already be available.

In my case, I had four solutions:

1. Disable Drag 2 disc, and use CD-RW media. I can then copy the CD-RW to CD-R.

2. Use the open door trick wit CD-R media. I guess that te open dor trick would also work with CD-RW, but I've not tried.

3. Since the system is multiboot, I expect that I could have installed TI On an OS that uses Nero/INCD. I was able to create a rescue disk on CD-R media on such a system using demo 2323 a few months ago.

4. I could copy the original TI CD, but that is unsatisfactory because the CD has the very unstable version 2323.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Hello, Howard:

I assume by referring to the "open door trick", you are referring to a workaround for when neither the Bootable Rescue Media Builder launched from the start menu nor the same launched from within the True Image GUI recognizes that there is a blank CD-R in your optical drive. Is that a correct assumption ?

Have you tried 2) above or is there some reason you don't want to use the standard BRMB to burn the CD-R ?

5. Howard Kaikow

I already stated that I was using TI to create a rescue disk, so I do not understand your question.

6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

(EMPHASIS MINE)

Unless my powers of discernment or level of literacy are substandard, I can only be surprised that you would word having done something as "I had [a] solution" and/or "Use the open door trick...". I'm not accustomed to your posts containing such imprecision or ambiguity.

I apologize. I withdraw the question and wish you good luck.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

How can it be "not at all useful" when, at the end of the day, Acronis will provide you with the CD ISO? You, personally, may not agree with the process but that's a different matter altogether.

Please try not to shoot the messenger in future.

Regards

8. Howard Kaikow

Bang!

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

This thread seems to have run it's course and since there's really nowhere to go on this subject from here, I'll go ahead and close it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.