TI 9.1 + Universal Restore crashes with Dell P370 images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cornholio, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cornholio

Cornholio Registered Member

Hi,
    I've noticed that TI 9.1 server with Universal Restore (save/full) crashes during restore with any partition image taken from a Dell P370 on any target machine after clicking 'next' in window "Restored Partition Image" before TI can show window "Next Selection". System reboots.
    TI 9.1 server without UR (save/full) works fine, but I need the UR feature!
    Build: 3677
    Please advise.
    cornholio

2. Freestone

Freestone Registered Member

3. Cornholio

Cornholio Registered Member

I see. Sent in an error report as well. Hope they'll find the bug in UR.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Cornholio,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please follow the instructions provided in this thread (post #7) and send this information to Acronis Support Team? We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. petrus2006

petrus2006 Registered Member

Hi! Was this ever resolved?

6. aaccon

aaccon Registered Member

Hi,

I have had the same issue - after assistance from Acronis we have had to revert to TI Build 3666. This has allowed us to restore an image with the Universal Restore Option - but we are finding the restored HAL is not stable and the restored system is unstable. We are doing some additional testing to try and find what's happening now.

7. Freestone

Freestone Registered Member

The status of my problem as of July 27, 2006 is "We want to inform you that we are working on the issue you have reported. We will contact you to either provide with a possible solution or request for additional information."

I've since found other images that do restore, but Universal Restore does not appear to be picking up the device drivers for the SCSI RAID controller in the target machine, so I am getting upon restart Stop Error 0x0000007B (Inaccessible boot device). I will have to write support about this problem too.

8. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Please try not to use the linux bootcd but a BARTPE bootcd with the Mustang Plugin which support Universal Restore.

Works much faster and better then the Linux Bootcd. In my cases ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.