TI 9.1 Can't connect to remote hosts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smiffy, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiffy

smiffy Registered Member

Hi,

Upgraded to TI 9.1 Ent server to test and I can't get the monitor to connect to a remote acronis agent. I have uninstalled 8.0 from the remote host and installed the 9.1 agent onto it and still can't connect, it is saying that I have to install the monitoring console on the remote host?? This was not the case with 8.

I've been looking about for the required 9.1 components that are required on a remote host but can't find anything.

I want to install as little as possible on the remote client.

my Ent server is Win 2003 Server and the remote host is Win 2000 Pro, both on same subnet with no firewalls etc etc. 8.0 worked ok, usernames / passwords same on both.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Pete

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pete,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Could you please clarify whether you have installed Acronis True Image Management Console (Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server) on Windows 2003 Server?

Could you please install Acronis True Image Agent on the remote machine once again, try to connect to it and make screen shots all of your steps along with error message?

Please also create Windows System Information of your Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2000 Professional as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. smiffy

smiffy Registered Member

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I've think I've sussed what has been happening, it would appear that if I try to connect to a host and it fails for some reason (not installed, or booted yet) then the console will always fail to connect to that client, only when I close and restart the console will it work. So the client is actually working but it looks like the manegment console is a bit broken. I will check on build, but I only downloaded from the upgrade email about 4 days ago.

I've also noticed that the console fails to update correctly if you do something simple like.

1. connect to 1 host and schedule a job - then disconnect
    2. connect to 2nd host and schedule job (or use group thingy) - then disconnect.
    3. connect back to first host and delete scheduled job - then disconnect
    4. connect back to 2nd host and look at scheduled jobs, none are displayed
    5. restart the console and connect back to 2nd host, the job now appears.

I've also noticed that using group jobs you can't specify an ftp target host, the job on the client becomes a corrupt script! is this possable using group jobs?

Thanks
    Pete

4. Acronis Support

Hello Pete,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

I've forwarded the information about Management Console failure to our Development Team. They will try to reproduce the problem.

Could you please describe the problem in more detail? Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. smiffy

smiffy Registered Member

Hi,
    its very simple,

go to create a new group task,
    select the hosts you want
    follow all the steps but specify ftp://1.1.1.1/ as the target
    specify the correct username etc
    use [Computername] for the filename
    finish it off and it all says its ok,

connect to the client and run the job and it will fail with a corrupt script error.

is that enough for you?

Pete

6. Acronis Support

Hello Pete,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please do the following to obtain FTP log of the client machine:

1. Run regedit from Start -> Run
    2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key
    3. Add ftp value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1)
    4. Reproduce the problem.

The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please also make screen shot of the error message.

Please clarify whether you create the image of the partition/entire hard drive or you create file-based image? Do you check Validate Backup Archive upon its creation complete option when you create the image?

Please create Windows System Information of the client machine as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.