TI 9.1 Agent attemps Internet "phone-home"?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jim-M, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim-M

Jim-M Registered Member

TI 9.1 Agent attempts Internet "phone-home"?

Several questions regarding TI 9.1 workstation and related client agent(s) removal.

In late August I purchased and installed TI 9.1 Workstation on a system (XP) and also used the management console to install the Remote Agent on a test laptop, also XP.

The laptop is no longer being used to test TI.

Recently, ZoneAlarm was installed on the laptop and we now find that the Acronis Agent starts on WinXP startup and appears to attempt as internet connection to 239.255.219.45:9877. What's up with this? Why is Acronis attempting to get on the internet?

Secondly, checked MSCONFIG under SERVICES and I've got Acronis Remote Agent and Acronis Scheduler2 Service as running Services.

What's the best way to REMOVE Acronis agents from a remote workstation (don't have the machine with Acronis Management Console)?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  2. holmes4

holmes4 Registered Member

Re: TI 9.1 Agent attempts Internet "phone-home"?

I recall that the README discusses this. Unfortunately, I can't find a copy on my system nor do I see it on Acronis' web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.