TI 9.1.3718 - BartPE, Recovery and hang at 'Proceeding'

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LeaUK, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeaUK

LeaUK Registered Member

Using Reatogo / Bart PE, I find that TI hangs during recovery at the 'Proceeding' stage just as the progress bar is displayed.

It's fine when using the Acronis boot disk running the same version.

I guess it's a PE issue, but if anyone could offer some assistance it would be much appreciated.

Lea

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Do all the hard drives in your system show up in Windows Explorer? If not you have a missing driver issue.

You did't mention what version of the TI plugin you are using. If you are using one of my plugins with Reatogo, you need to remove the Make Directory Profiles section of the inf file. You will see it near the end of the file. You can also just comment out all the lines to make it look as follows:

Code:
    ; ++++++++++++++++++ Make Directory Profiles section +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ;[Software.AddReg]
    ;0x2,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","ProfilesDirectory","%temp%\@ProfilesDir@"
    ;0x1,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","DefaultUserProfile","Default User"
    ;0x1,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","AllUsersProfile","All Users"

;[SetupReg.AddReg]
    ; Add ProfilesDir environment variable
    ;0x2, "ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment", "ProfilesDir", "%temp%\@ProfilesDir@"
    ;0x2, "ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment", "USERPROFILE", "%temp%\@ProfilesDir@\Default User"
    ;[Software.AddReg]
    ; Following line added to trick True Image into running properly.
    ;0x1, "Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","AllUsersProfile","Default User"
    ; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    If you are using the Acronis supplied plugun, disregard the above.

3. LeaUK

LeaUK Registered Member

Hi Mustang

Many thanks for the reply and yes I am using your plugin. I can't find the version but the TIES9-Get_Files+Lic.cmd 'modified date' is stamped 15 December 2006, 10:25:58 if that helps?

I downloaded it very recently so I suspect it's your latest.

The IDE drives were recocognised by PE in Disk Manager and those with drive letters by Explorer. I'll try your ini file suggestions to see if this affects operation and report back.

I ended up using the PE disk to transfer the TI Image over the network - forget Acronis boot disk for this operation as I've NEVER had any success, then used the TI boot disk, which although wasn't quite as planned at least resolved the issue.

Universal restore worked flawlessly which was a great outcome.

BTW - your Acronis Disk Director and TI plugins are great although one minor comment would be the link icons being added differently. DD creates Programs > Acronis > DD, whereas TI: Programs > TI

I very minor point I understand. Again, thanks for the plugins.

Cheers
    Lea

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.