TI 9.0 Home won't boot CUR-DLS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rolfie3876, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolfie3876

rolfie3876 Registered Member

My TI 9.0 home emergency disk (latest built) does end in a black screen on my Debian file server. The CD boots fine, I can select the Full Version that I need due to SCSI drivers, the splash screen appears, and when the message "Loading, please wait" should appear, the screen goes blank, and that's it.

The CD is ok, it works fine on another PC. Also tried without ACPI, Noapic.

Also the DVD-drive is ok, it boots various other CD's/DVD's.

Involved HW: ASUS CUR-DLS, latest Bios, Dual PIII/933, 512MByte RAM, LSI1010 SCSI, on-Board ATI Rage Pro128.

Any ideas what else I could do? Any known problems?

Thanks, Rolf

2. rolfie3876

Update: TI 9.0 Home won't boot CUR-DLS

Downloaded the promoted full version of TI7.0, created an Emergency Boot Disk and tried to load. Now the CD loads fine, I can create backup files for the partitions/disks. The interesting thing is: there is an error message while loading from CD:

Bios bug, IO-APIC #1 ID3 is already in use,
    ... fixing up to 1 (tell your HW vendor)
    Loading, please wait

Well, the CUR-DLS is a PIII server board, the latest bios is about 4 years old, no new bios to be expected, so there is no fix from the HW to be expected.

Also tried the emergency disk from the update to TI10 Home, same symptoms.

All ideas how to convince TI Home V9 or V10 to boot this PC are welcome.

Thanks, Rolf

3. rolfie3876

F'up: TI 9.0 Home won't boot CUR-DLS

Have bought a copy of TI 8.0, build 774, works as V7, same message appears.

Guess I got a fix that works for me.

Rolf

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: F'up: TI 9.0 Home won't boot CUR-DLS

Hello rolfie3876,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Could you please boot your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD created with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and do the following:

- Press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to Acronis Support Team. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.