TI 9.0 home hangs when using Netgear SC101

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RudyU2, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RudyU2

RudyU2 Registered Member

I've just installed the netgear SC101 network storage. Works more or less. Problems displaying drive letter in explorer, and detaching drive.

Problem arise when using TI 9.0 home (3666), it hungs when trying to create a new scheduled task, on exit, and also when editing a scheduled task. It seems like a conflict with the SAN drivers. When i disable the SAN drivers, TI works fine.

I've tried it on my laptop with the same result.

Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RudyU2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you can reproduce the issue then please do the following:

- Download the schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect the created schedreport.txt file.

- Enable logging by using the following commands (please type these commands not from the Windows command prompt but from the command prompt which appears when starting schedmgr.exe program):

set logflags -1
    set lf_registry off

After that, please reproduce the problem and collect the schedul2.log file which is placed to the same folder as the service file (program files\common files\acronis\schedule2).

It is recommended to turn off logging after troubleshooting by using the following command (from the schedmgr.exe command prompt):

set logflags 0
    set lf_registry on

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. RudyU2

RudyU2 Registered Member

When i use set logflags -1
    & set lf_registry off

i get "environment variable logflags not defined", the same lf_registry

must it be created somewhere else?

4. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

I am not familiar with your network hardware, but in case you don't already know, 9.0.3666 had problems with editing scheduled tasks. Many of us reported this issue. Seems to be fixed with build 3667.

I just installed 3667 (after uninstalling 3666, recommended), and was able to shedule and edit new tasks, and run them. Didn't have luck editing old tasks, created in build 3633. But, that's no big deal to me. Haven't yet figured out how to copy and modify a scheduled task.

I have an Icon in my system tray with a green arrow, that opens the XP program "Safely Remove Hardware." This might work to stop your network drive, then remove it. Of course, all this assumes Windows 1st recognizes the drive.

Sometimes drivers updates, or even bios update, may help get things working together. I recently added an Adaptec SATA PCI card, and, thanks to a forum member, added new Sil Image drivers that work better than the latest Adaptec drivers did.

Acronis also offers a driver package -- not sure what it contains...

http://download.acronis.com/support/SnapAPI_l_s_e.exe

Perhaps they might help you...though, Acronis support might have suggested them, if so.

Good luck.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RudyU2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As Christopher_NC advised above, please download and install the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. RudyU2

RudyU2 Registered Member

Thanks for all comments

I've made the netgear sc101 a door stopper - it was actually was a dud purchase.

I bought a 3.5 external closure, installed the 300GB, and now my backups are working perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.