TI 9.0 faster with Windows hidden?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HomeTurf, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeTurf

HomeTurf Registered Member

Hello.

I seem to have noticed a strange quirk in performing an image creation with TI 9.0 (build 2273).

Ever since I installed TI 9.0, I've noticed that my image backups were quite a bit slower than with TI 8.0. I have an external USB enclosure with a 100gb drive in it. The enclosure has blue led's that flash when there is disk activity. When I do an image backup to the external drive, the lights on the USB enclosure flicker as expected. Now if I "Hide" the TI progress window, then also minimize the main window so that all I see is my desktop, the USB lights flicker much faster. The backup seems to run MUCH faster. Actually, it doesn't "seem" to run faster, it DOES run faster. Twice as fast in my case.

Has anyone else run into this quirk? Could someone else test this to see if it's an actual quirk in TI or just specific to my PC? It almost seems that TI is taking a lot of processing power to refresh the progress window or something.

Just curious.

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  2. Little Pete

Little Pete Registered Member

Hi HomeTurf,

I experienced the same: hiding the progress window does speeds up image creation. This was not in TI8.0.

Even more when I close TI application the process keeps on running what is off course correct. But there is now way I can show the progress window again to see the progression for the running process, after restarting TI.

Little Pete

3. HomeTurf

You should be able to RIGHT click on the Acronis icon down in the lower right and choose "Status" to get the progress window back up. Worked for me. I brought it back up when it hit 98%.

Just downloaded Build 2277. Gonna give it a try and see if it still has the slowdown when the Acronis windows are visible.

4. HomeTurf

HOT DIGGITY DOG! The problem I reported is FIXED in build 2277 AND the "X Minutes Remaining" indicator is BACK! Backed up 12GB in 8 minutes to an external USB drive with all of the Acronis Windows visible. WOO HOO!

WAY TO GO ACRONIS! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.