TI 9.0 Clogging My Network?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Arranger, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arranger

Arranger Registered Member

I put TI 9.0 on the server in my household network and somehow it reduced the server's resources to the degree that I can't share a small 100MB Database. Although the server only has 20GB, it's only 1/3 full. Installing TI 9.0 added 110MB to the 20GB drive, but that's it.

Win XP SP1
    TI 9.0, Build 3,677
    Duron 1.7 processor

I know this is a tiny system, but I'm at odds explaining how TI 9.0 clogged the resources to such a high degree. When I uninstalled TI 9.0, the network was back in proper running form.

Any comments or suggestions?
    Thanks for your time.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If your problem is because you are getting an error message saying something like server is out of memory then increase the Irpstacksize parameter in the registry. You may find that it isn't there so you have to create it.

If you do a Google search for Irpstacksize you will get lots of help on how to do this. Note that this is a problem caused by various apps not just TI.

HTH

3. Arranger

Arranger Registered Member

seekforever, you got it right. The IRPStackSize was too low - set at 11 (hex=b) and still present in the registry under XP Pro SP1. SP2 removes the IRPStackSize entry altogether. Since only MS OS's prior to XP had a limit of 12, I changed the value to 14 (hex=e) and the problem was solved. This ol' network is in-house only so I've never felt the need to hassle with upgrading to SP2.

Thank you for the education. I really appreciate your time and advice! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.