TI 9.0 build 3625 vs W2000 SP4

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cinfosb, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinfosb

cinfosb Registered Member

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed True Image 9.0 Home edition build 3625. I was surprised to find another option which is "Acronis WInPE ISO Builder". I read a little about this feature but got lost. Could understand that it allows me to boot and recover directly from DVD. Now considering that I have an external USB DVD unit (the only one that writes DVD) as well as an internal DVD unit (read only), that I have Windows 2000 SP4, will this feature work on my machine? Do I need to install anything else than what has been supplied by TI9.0 install process considering the fact that I chose the full install option?

Thanks in advance,

Stéphane

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

All you need is a burning program which you probably got with the external DVD burner.

Should work with Win 2000 ... haven't seen anyone say it doesn't.

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

requires win xp.

not even an option in a custom install of ti on win 2000.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, cinfosb

Sorry to disagree with the other posters

You do no longer need any other burning software the burn to DVD-R or RW.

I have just tested the latest Build 3633 on Win2Ksp4.

Booting from the BootCD I had Ti Create an Image to DVD+RW and verify. [the DVD make was Verbatim [the best IMHO :)]]

I then done one zero wipe of the HDD.

I restored Image, booted in to W2K.

Take Care,
    The Quest :cool:

PS: not tested with any DVD-R.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Sounds promising ....

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I just created and validated an image of my 4.5GB used, C partition on DVD-R. I had Nero installed but I had never installed the UDF InCD component.

I then uninstalled Nero and rebooted. TI wrote another DVD-R without Nero installed.

Took about 7-8 minutes to write image and about 25 minutes to verify it. This isn't my idea of the way to do it!

When I tried to do my second DVD, I had the DVD tray open when I started TI (or perhaps, selected the backup wizard) and the program crashed. I closed the door and restarted TI and all was well.

Tried to do a restore of my first image to get Nero back. It selected the image OK and I let it reboot. Everything proceeded as expected and a TI window came up for a couple of seconds. Then the progress bar filled very quickly and I got a "Operation has completed with errors" window or something like that. Anyway, directly burning to DVD isn't my idea of the way to do it so I'll let somebody who really wants this feature to take it from here! :) Hmmm, maybe you really do need UDF software installed although the fact it verified would indicate not.

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, seekforever

It had [has] been requested for so many times, going all the way back to Ti6.

When I tested it on W2K, the system had never had any burning program installed, and used a full Erased DVD. [unformatted]

The resason I did not test DVD-R and prefer RW is economics. :)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cinfosb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that starting with the build (3625) Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports writing backup archives to DVD directly. You no longer need to use third-party DVD burning software anymore.

If you are registered user of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then you can download the latest build (3633) from the Product Updates section of your account at our web site. To get access to updates you should create an account, then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

In case with the new build you can leave 'Archive splitting' option set to 'Automatic' when backing up to DVD discs. The User's Guide and FAQ will be updated shortly.

Please note that DVD-R disks are also supported in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. You can use this type of DVD disc as long as DVD-RW and DVD+R(W) discs.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.