TI 8 Recovery zone not upgraded from 7.x

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scotts, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotts

scotts Guest

I have been using TI 8 for a few weeks and needed to recover after a bad xp sp2 upgrade. I hit F11 and got into acronis but it said I had no images in the recovery zone. In looping at the help about it still reads 7.0 not 8.0

How do I upgrade the recovery zone?

Luckily I had an 8.0 cd which could find my backup from the recovery zone.

scott

2. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Hello,

After you installed v 8.0, I assume you once again activated the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager under "Tools"?

If you're still having problems after doing that, well . . . let's hope an Acronis tech can explain more.

Regards,
    Jim

3. Scotts

Scotts Guest

Yep tried the activate 2 differant times. Looks like it works but after I reboot and do the F11 it is version 7.0 still

scott

4. Scotts

Scotts Guest

I had to remove the recovery zone, then recreate it and do a new backup.

For the Tech Support people perhaps this should be done by the installer?

scott

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Acronis support -any new info on this? This would seem to sabotage a lot of people because every time a new version of TI comes out (or build), the recovery manager remains at the previous version unless you go jump through hoops to update it (deleting your backups in the Secure Zone along the way). Most users would not even know to check the version when they use F11 and would never get the fixes in the new builds!!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  6. boxercapo

boxercapo Registered Member

I totally agree with what has been stated so far in this thread. Desipte the fact that I have a 250GB external HDD which I do use for image creation and restore processes, it is extremely convenient to use the secure zone (especially for notebooks) as an image repository. But I am expereincing the same problem, no upgrade from V7 to V8. I wouldn't mind deleting the zone and recreating it if there was a possibility to move the content to a normal partition and put the images back once the zone has been recreated. As far as I am concerned, Acronis hasn't really made full use of the Secure Zone yet. Considering the "minor" enhancement between 7 and 8, I would have appreciated management enhancement for the Secure Zone. The answer from Acronis Support to better use an external HDD if available isn't really a sales pitch for the product...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.