TI 8 questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by n8chavez, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I recently won an True Image 8 licence here at Wilders by winning a contest and was wondering if I could have a couple of questions answered I have trialed the product before but still have questions.

1. Is there a difference as far as partition imagining if I were to use the bootable disc versus the the installed version, mainly c: (the active partition)?

2. Is there any way to edit an image file once it's created?

3. Does/Will True Image supports double-layer DVD burners or just DVD burners in general, if I wanted to burn the image straught to the disc rather than creating it to the drive.

4. Is there any way to create a custom TI8 cd. It seems like a waste of space to have it alone on a cd. The ideal situation would be having the image (and possible other files as well) with the dos version on a bootable DVD? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello n8chavez,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

1. Actually, there is no essential difference between creating an image from under Windows and when booted from the special Bootable Rescue CD, so you can do it in both ways.

You can also find more information on how Acronis True Image 8.0 creates an image in this article.

Please be aware that you would not be able to schedule a task for image creation, explore your image archive and burn images to DVD when booted from Bootable Rescue CD.

2. I'm afraid that there is no way to edit an image archive once it was created.

Please note that you can add changes made on your hard drive since the last image was created by creating the corresponding incremental images.

Please read more on how to create an image (including incremental images) in Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

3. Acronis has not received any complaints about this hardware and does not expect any problems of Acronis True Image 8.0 working with double-layer DVD burners.

Please be aware that current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

We recommend you to install an UDF packet DVD writing software
    such as Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD, format DVDs by means
    of this software and then use formatted disсs with Acronis True Image.

You can find more information on how to burn images directly to DVD in the following FAQ artcile.

4. Yes, it is possible. Please read more information on how to perform these actions here.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Is there any way that there is another set of bootable files; I'm having a problem with the *\cdshell\boot\loader.bin file. My burner only supports *.img files. To my knowledge the only apps that support *bin files are Nero and CDRTools (derived). Can I somehow convert the file?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello n8chavez,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

As I understand, you need to create the booable rescue media.

Please note that there are 2 ways to achieve your goal:
    -create the bootable rescue media by means of Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media Builder;
    -use a special ISO image to create the bootable rescue media by means of the appropriate writing software such as Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD.

Please try to create the bootable rescue media with the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 and see how it works.

If the problem persists, please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support containing the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will provide you with the special ISO image to create the bootable rescue media.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi n8chavez,

I've provided an alternative in my reply to your Post in the thread titled <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s)>

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.