TI 8 Build 937

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CorkyG, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

Where can I download a copy of TI 8 Build 937? I have the registration key for it, but I deleted the file when I upgraded to 9 then 10.

Turns out, 8/937 is the last version that will clone a VIsta drive without any subsequent repair required. :)

All versions after that require a post-cloning repair for "Partition=Not Found."

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Log in to the TI update page and you will find your registered versions. Select V8 and away you go . You will find the key is also there at the foot of the page.

I have no idea of the easiest way to download the CD file. I expect you would have to uninstall V10. Install V8 create the CD. Uninstall V8 and reinstall V10 !!

Are you sure you have not got a V8 CD somewhere already? It is all you need to do a clone or restore.

Xpilot

3. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

Thanks, XPilot . . . I have two of the TI 8 Rescue Disks - they work perfectly. But, I need to install the program to create a bootable flash drive with the Rescue Media. I have them for 9 and 10, but not 8.

Dumbly, when I upgraded to 9, then 10, I deleted my downloaded 8 file. But, I did keep the key. :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  4. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

OK - got the file, and installed it. I had already removed TI 10 (worthlesss to me! since I am strictly a cloner and not a backerupper/restorer.)

Worked perfectly, and now I have a flash drive for booting my Thinkpad for cloning. Yeah - I remove the DVD/CD drive and slip in the Ultrabay adapter with HDD #2. I then boot with the flash drive and clone the main drive to the one in the Ultrabay. Faster and neater than dealing with an external case.

Looks like TI 8 was the last really good cloner Acronis made. Both versions 9 and 10 create boot errors in Vista drives that have to be repaired. TI 8 does not. :)

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I am also a driver swapper. It is much faster than using External drives. With room in the tower to do the swaps of the main drive I keep backups on another internal drive.
    I do not keep TI installation files on the computer but I have burned two CDs for V8,9 and 10 with a note of the serial magic numbers. Just in case!

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.