TI 8.0 and intel raid?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by feddup, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I own a Asus P4c800-e deluxe MB with SATA raid 0 on the ich5r (intel controller) and I've heard mixed dialogue on whether or not TI 8.0 works or not with this configuration. If you have personal knowledge one way or another I'd greatly appreciate some input. The reviews seem outstanding but the ich5r seems to get conflicting reports. I need some imaging software but I'd rather not waste my money.
    Thanks

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, feddup

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

Cheer Up. :D

Just did a quick search on Asus P4c800 have a read:-
    Sorry not to be of more help,
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. hemm

hemm Guest

TI 8 774 and the Asus P4C800E Deluxe Intel ICHR5 Raid 0 work fine together. I have done many system and data disk backups from windows and 4 restores to the boot system raid 0 array. On a restore you just have to use the F11 and enter "acpi=off" trick. I have not tried it with the on board Promise controller. Anyone tried the Promise?

4. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks for the info! I've been trying to decide but wanted to make sure. I didn't want to add to my coaster (useless software) collection.

5. Nefarious

Nefarious Guest

Well, I have 4 SATA drives, RAID0 on the Intel and 2 normal drives on the Promise. If i try to restore an image of my RAID. the screen freezes when looking for drives. BUT if i turn off the promise constroller, then it works.

6. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I have the same motherboard and the screen freezes if I use Promise Raid or Intel ICH5 Raid.

7. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

I'm having good luck with the Promise Fastrack 378 Controller. I have 2 HDs in Raid 0. I'm using Build 774. So far I have been able to:

- Create and restore from and External firewire HD
    - Create and restore to and from DVD. Using TI 8 to create the image directly on 2 DVD's
    - Restore from the Rescue CD
    - Restore from Windows.

8. mareke

mareke Registered Member

It's possible that having the latest build solves the raid problems.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please let me clarify the situation with RAID controllers (Acronis True Image 7.0 build 638 and Acronis True Image 8.0 build 774).

Promise Fastrack 378, Silicon Image 3112, Intel ICH5R - fully supported;
    Intel ICH6R and some models of Adaptec controllers - we have different issues with them. We are testing Intel ICH6R controller in RAID mode in our Testing Lab right now and there should appear a fix for Linux drivers soon.

Please also note that the above information can be applied only to Acronis bootable rescue media. Acronis True Image running under Windows does support all hardware devices that are supported by Windows.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.