TI 8.0(796) vs (791): TI boot time MUCH longer?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mark7, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

TI 8.0 build 796 is taking MUCH longer to boot (from MBR or full CD) vs. build 791.

I've timed how long it takes for the TI 8.0 GUI to appear once the message "Acronis Loading, please wait..." is displayed (start timing right after the Acronis TI splash screen goes away).

build 791 = about 25 seconds
    build 796 = about 68 seconds; over 170% longer o_O ?

Anyone else experiencing longer TI boot times? Booting from either the rescue CD (full version) or from MBR (such as when restoring O/S partition from within WinXP) both timed the same at about 25 and 68 seconds.

I am back to build 791 for now...

TIA

2. hemm

hemm Guest

Yes, seeing the same thing here. Thought it was hung and was just about to do a reset when it finally came up.

3. bobbyjak

bobbyjak Registered Member

Same here..I also get message that says: Hub.c: connect - debounce failed,
    port1 disabled..Never go this message on prior builds..

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Yes, me too. Perhaps build 796 is attempting to more thoroughly detect (and support) a wider range of hardware? If that's the case then perhaps it's not such a bad thing.

Regards

5. hemm

hemm Guest

One of the reasons I went with True Image was the very long recovery disk boot time with Ghost. Somewhat dissapointed now..

6. yup, same here.

i think they've broken the usb detection or something....

i know they haven't fixed the fedora 3 issues :(

7. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

As a rule when something works well in your system, don't update until you get some feedback. This applies to MS updates as well (critical and recommended). I noticed a longer wait time from b786 to b791, but just a little bit, so I decided not to update to b796 immediately (TI works without a problem with my SATA controller since ever), and I'm glad I didn't.

8. Fuzzy John

Fuzzy John Registered Member

If everyone follows this who will provide the feedback? :D

9. Ecki

Ecki Guest

I've the same Effect. On some Compaq-PC's the Programm doesn't start. I got only a shell.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are sorry for the inconveniences.

If everything works and the only problem is the boot speed please send a letter with the the .NFO file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. To get the .NFO file please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)".

I will try to find out the reason.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. Menorcaman

Hello Ilya,

Many thanks. Copy of my System Information file is on its way to support@acronis.com for your attention as requested.

I'm not too upset by the increased ATI boot time but if it can be reduced then so much the better.

Kind regards
    Tom

12. Acronis Support

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your help. We will gather the info about those who have this problem and will reproduce it. So the more info we obtain the more efficiently will our Development Team's work be and the earlier the fix will be implemented.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. Menorcaman

Hello again Ilya,

A quick question. I've just received the auto response from support@acronis.com in which it requests that I forward the output of AcronisReport.exe. Do we need to send the additional report or can we ignore it for this particular problem?

Kind regards
    Tom

14. Acronis Support

Hello Tom,

No, please disregard this autoreply. We do not need Acronis Report in this case. The .NFO file I descibed above will be enough.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

15. Menorcaman

Hello Ilya,

Please ignore my input to this thread as I no longer have a problem.

I had just carried out some routine CPU benchmarks (Sisoft Sandra Pro 2005) and found that my BIOS had throttled the CPU back by 50% due to overheating. Having removed a whole lot of dust and fluff from the CPU fan/heatsink the CPU speed is now back to normal. That will teach me to enable my motherboards CPU temperature audio warning :oops:

A quick recheck of ATI's boot times came out at 60 secs for both build 791 and 796. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards
    Tom

16. Acronis Support

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your continued feedback.

I will wait for other's info and our Testing Lab will check the new Acronis Bootable CD performance.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

17. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

There are users that will update because they do need the update (their SATA drives not recognized, random errors, etc), and from those users I get feedback. As I said, since TI b791 works perfectly for me, I will not update until a new version with significant changes comes along and it's feedback is positive. What would I have to gain by updating at this point? Nothing, and instead it would take longer to boot.

18. tarunp

tarunp Registered Member

Same here - boot time is significantly longer with build 796. Also the following (new) error messages are dispayed before the start screen comes up :

hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 2 disabled
    usb.c: USB drive not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)

I have a USB hub and a USB mouse but no USB drive. It appears that TI attempts to recognise every USB device as a hard drive and hence the error messages ??

Also the dramatic increase in boot times vis-a-vis build 791 are unexplainable.

19. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Same here report sent to Acronis as per request.

20. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hello,
    the same I have too.
    I think that the new version 796 has a lot of mistakes especially USB.
    And the boot time is not acceptabel.
    I hope that Acronis does fix it as soon as possible.

21. Acronis Support

Hello all,

If you see any error messages when boot Acronis Bootable CD like those described above please create sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that it should be given to Marian Fadeeva. After the info is gathered our Development Team will investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

22. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I am getting the same hub.c: connect-debounce.... error message also and have sent the .nfo file as requested.
    John

23. tarunp

tarunp Registered Member

Build 800 Update : Message "hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 2 disabled" continues but TI boot time back to normal i.e. fast. At least something has been fixed !!

24. Menorcaman

I can't comment on the "hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 2 disabled" error but can confirm that Build 800's time to boot into rescue mode has decreased significantly:

Build 796 = 60 seconds
    Build 800 = 13 seconds

Thank you Acronis Development Team.

Regards

25. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We do apologize for the problem with hub.c being not fixed. I have contacted Acronis Development Team and can tell you that the error message will be fixed in the next build. The problem with boot time was fixed as you have noticed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.