TI 6 restores system image much slower with new PC...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RWP2, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWP2

RWP2 Registered Member

Using TI 6 with the Win XP update, I used to be able to restore a 8GB system image to a 15GB partition in around 5 minutes (uncompressed image, using boot CD). Now with my new Conroe build it takes 1.5 hours. The only difference I can think of is the old system used PATA drives while this one uses only SATA-2 -- which wasn't around when TI 6 was being sold. Is there a fix for this problem, or will I be forced to buy a new version of TI just to get decent restore timeso_O

Thanks.

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Shy of ensuring your on the latest build of v6. I doubt there is much you can do.

New version = new features + better hardware support and the likes. In any case your better off in the long run by upgrading.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I doubt a version that is three versions old will get updates. But the newer versions have added drivers and seem to handle sata well. If your sata drives are as old as the ATI, they are liekly to be IDE drives going through a sata-ide-bridge right on the drive. That probably slows things up too but not nearly as much as old drivers.

4. RWP2

RWP2 Registered Member

I suppose I can download the current version of TI (v9, I assume) to see if it works faster with SATA-2 restorations. (Hopefully it will allow me to test that feature.) It will be even better if images created in ATI 6.0 will run without conflict or slowdown in the current version. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies, guys. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.