TI 2009 v 9796 prevents WXPSP3 from booting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alexmelo, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexmelo

alexmelo Registered Member

Hi, I'd really appreciate some help.
    I upgraded my mobo to ASUS P5Q De Luxe, Core2Duo 3 GHZ, 2MB RAM. Running absolutely OK 2 weeks after upgrade. Win Xp SP3 all updates, with TI 10 that I purchased a couple of years ago. Images regularly made from within Windows. Then I found out that the Recovery CD made with Media Builder can't see my HDs. It can only see an old IDE HD in an USB enclosure. I have on the mobo: 1 IDE HD with C: and Windows XP + other partitions w/ data; 1 HD SATA configured as IDE in Bios with 4 partitions and data.
    I purchased TI 2009 and downloaded the original version 9709 + latest v. 9796.
    1) Installed directly v. 9796 over TI 10. After installation, TI requests a boot and then Windows XP freezes at Windows logo. For ever... and does not boot at all.
    2) Fortunately, I had an image made just before w/TI10 within Windows. I restored C: with BartPE+TI10 plugin (which can see all HDs).
    3) Then, I uninstalled TI10, cleaned register, installed TI 2009 v. 9709 (older version). Windows boots.
    4) Then, I proceeded installing the latest v. 9796 over 9709, which supposedly is "better". Again, the same problem. Windows feezes at logo.
    5) Restored again with BartPE+TI10. And I can't install TI2009, on my XP. At least the latest version...
    Please, if you have suggestions, I'd be very thankful. Regards,

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What other programs do you have that run in the background?

Do you restart the computer via the TI restart or manually?

Have you tried manually shutting down Windows (not restart) and then reboot?

Did you previously have the SZ or SRM activated?

I think your problem is down to a driver contention issue at boot time.

I suggest:

1. uninstall v10, reboot.

2. Open Device Manager (Win button + Pause/Break) \Hardware\Device Manager.

3. Check to ensure you have no network adapter showing for Acronis Devices. If you do remove it.

4. Install TI 2009.

5. Cancel the restart message from the TI installer and manually shut Windows down.

6. Reboot.

Perhaps your Firewall or video driver is trying to start up at the same time as the Acronis drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.